Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday and Eating Out

I slept well last night and got up about 5:15. I dressed and got ready for the day and fed Missy and myself. I watched the weather and news but get so tired of Tulsa news with all their violence.

I do want to watch the CBS news so when it comes on, I will take my blog to the laptop.

Bob and I are planning to drive to Copan and eat lunch at the Copan truck stop. It has been years since I have been there but the food was always good and the service excellent.  My Bob and I ate there occasionally when he was alive.

I would like to drive up to Dewey and buy some hamburger patties for our hamburgers. I will call first to make sure they are open. It is Good Friday.

More later...

Bob and I drove down to the Copan Cafe in Copan and ate lunch. It was a chicken fried steak but it was waaaay too much food.  Furthermore, I forgot to tell them to put the gravy on the side and it was smothered in gravy too. I left half of it.

Then we went back down to Peck's to get hamburger patties. They were closed for lunch so Bob went on into Bartlesville to buy gas at QT.  Then we went back up to Peck's and got the hamburger patties.

Then we drove home. I kept trying to reach Marilyn to ask her to come to breakfast with us on Saturday. Her line was busy for hours. Then I tried her cell phone. All I got was the answering machine. I left her a message twice.  She never got back to me and I starting getting worried about her. She is a frail little thing and I imagined she might have fallen down the stairs and couldn't get to a phone.   I went by her house but couldn't raise anyone. Charlie, her dog, just barked. I consulted with Bob and then with Karan. Karan said the same thing had happened to her earlier in the week.

I tried her cell several times and just as I was about to go by the house again, she called me back. She had been in the doctor's office and her cell had been in her purse and she hadn't heard it. Whew!

Bob came over to watch the news and Brooks and Shields on PBS. We always enjoy that.
When he left, I took my bath and lay with Missy on the sofa and watched TV until 9:00 when we went to bed.  


No comments: