Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday and a Sore Throat

I often brag about how well I stay and now my chickens have come home to roost. I woke up this morning with a scratchy sore throat. I started right in spraying my throat and taking Zinc tablets. I am hoping to stop it before it becomes a cold.

I was going to attend exercise class but have decided against it. I don't want to expose someone else to what might become a cold.  I will stay in and wait for Haymaker's Furniture to deliver the neighbor's furniture. I have their key. They will move in on Saturday.

I slept fairly well last night until the scratchy throat started. I got up at my usual 5:00 AM. I sure don't feel like doing anything though. I was thinking of trying to get my last three windows out and washed but doubt if I will now. They can wait until I feel better. I was also going to try to get the rest of my dead lavender cut out and thrown away but don't really feel like doing that either. I guess I will just rest.

So more later....

Well, I didn't rest. I was feeling fairly good for awhile so I did cut out all of that lavender that didn't make it through the winter.  That was a mistake! I felt worse and worse all afternoon so finally just gave up on it. I did get my trash barrel filled with the parts of it and took it over to where the trash men pick up the trash. I hope they will take it on Tuesday because I didn't bag it. I was out of bags. I spread the Miracle Grow in the flower bed where I took out the lavender. But I didn't feel well enough to go get some flowers to plant there. I will do that later when I am over this terrible cold. I have mulch to mulch them with too when I do get well enough to plant.  I just kept feeling worse and worse all afternoon.

Bob came at his usual time but I told him it was at his own risk. When he gets a cold it is terrible. He stayed about an hour but when he saw how bad mine was, he decided to just go home and watch TV there. I don't blame him.  He asked me about breakfast at Eggberts but I told him I would just play it by ear.

I took my bath and texted Leslie I would be out at church for the cleanup Saturday at 9:00 if I was up to it at all. She said Mike had washed the outsides today and I would just have the insides to do. for me to drink plenty of liquids and take NyQuil before bed. I don't have any of that but I do have Benedril and ZzzQuil. I will decide which to take at that time.

Missy and I intend to go to bed at 9:00.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I Hope that you kick this ASAP :)

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Deb. It has turned into a horrible cold. It's been several years since I've had one.