Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sunday and Just Us

I preside today at church and Leslie will run a sermon from Church headquarters that she has downloaded.  After church some of us will go to "Just Us" over at Cherryvale for lunch.

I started my coffeecake for the Church School class this morning and realized it was not the one I usually get. I had a Betty Crocker mix instead. It was for cup cakes so I quickly changed my pans out to the cupcake tins and made coffeecake muffins.  It will be interesting to see how they came out. I will not ice them. Maybe the little girls won't like them without icing.

I'd better go water my flowers and the tomato plant. I'll get back to this later.

O.K. I got everything watered and got my muffins in the oven. I accidentally bought a muffin mix instead of my usual coffeecake mix. So I made muffins instead. We'll see how they go over this morning.

Scott called me this morning. They were on their way to see their baby raccoon that they had given to a wildlife shelter for animals. Scott found it in the grass at their home and it's mother had either deserted it or had been killed somehow. They fed it with a doll bottle. Ginger just loved the little thing but they really couldn't just keep it. No one was home to take care of it since they both work.  They kept it in the garage when they were at work. Here it is resting on her shoulder. 





More later....I've got to pick up Bob and Phyllis for church school.

We  all got to church and had our Church School class. It went fine.  John, my son-in-law and the little girls (my great grandchildren) were not there. The worship service afterward was a bit different. I presided but the message was brought by video by the president of our church. He did well but that was a bit different for the congregation.

Afterward Phyllis and Bob and I went to "Just Us" for lunch.  That too was good food but there were a couple of unruly children sitting nearby and that nearly spoiled our lunch experience. I never did have much patience with unruly children even when they were my own but I worked with mine and got them to eventually to be able to eat out and not disturb the entire dining room. I'm not sure the younger generation tries to work with theirs much to teach them good "eating out" manners.  I sometimes wonder how they behave at the table at home.

Obviously, I am an old woman with short patience with small children.

I got my newsletter finished and out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow.  I only have to send out three. Everyone else has e-mail and I just copy and paste it into an e-mail and send it out in a folder called "congregation".

More later....Bob will be over at 5:00 or so to read the paper and watch the news and 60 Minutes.

Wouldn't you know...there's a PGA golf tournament going on on CBS now. I can only hope it will be over by 6:00.  Blast it! Don't the networks know their sports fans are the minority of their network's  watchers?

Karan brought her cake early. She has joint school tomorrow in Parsons...that's where she is having her knee surgery on the 23rd of June...after we get back from camp.  Her daughter, Sheri, will be coming to stay with her for a week. She will get her through her therapy.

More later...

60 Minutes was on this evening and for once, was on time. However, it was all reruns. With dozens of commercials in every TV program, you'd think the producers could come up with something decent to watch.

I will try to stay up until 9:00 and then go to bed.  Just as soon as Bob left, I took my bath and got ready for bed. Sure enough, at 9:00 Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: