Thursday, June 15, 2017

Thursday at Camp

It was a pretty good night to sleep. I slept pretty much through the night in that king sized bed.

Today will be a full day. I will try to get back to this later. It's just about time for morning devotions.

So...more later.

Morning devotions went well. Afterward we had a big breakfast and after that we went to SonBurst Worship...not really my cup of tea! Too much singing with up and down movements...kind of kid stuff! But the puppet show was good!

Following that, we had a class....a very good class with Barbara Carter!  She is an excellent teacher! I really enjoyed that!

Then came lunch...notchos and salad and fruit and peaches. I ate too much again.

This is shoes off time until 4:00 when we have the "duck race". So I am catching up on the blog and reading my email. The only place to get a signal is in the dining hall. The router is at the caretaker's cabin.  I want to get some photos to share if I can get this laptop to accept the cord for the download.

After supper at 5:30, there is a song service and then at 7:00 the preaching service.  Barbara will be preaching and she is very good.

This my home away from home the next four days. It's John and Leslie's camper. It has three pop outs, one for the dining area, one for the living room area and one for the bedroom (complete with king sized bed.)

This is the lodge where we find the dining room and kitchen facilities.

And this is the worship center..which we call the tabernacle.

Everything is very green and beautiful today. It started out being 69 degrees but warmed up pretty well. There is a good breeze though.

I heard from my brother-in-law Bob today that Missy wasn't very happy yesterday evening that I was gone but she is better today.  She can make it until Sunday afternoon.

This is the area where the kids and grandkids and I scattered Bob's ashes seven years ago last May. In many ways it seems like a long time ago and in others it seems like just yesterday.

More later....it's  a stream area he just loved.

This the pond that the children just love to catch tadpoles in. It also has snakes so they have asked the children not to go into it.
This may be a better/closer photo of the Worship Center. You can see the landscaping better.

Tomorrow I will try to get photos of Heritage Hall, the dorm, and some of the cabins.  But for now, I'm going to take my shoes off and read tomorrow's lesson.

Our team had the supper pans and dishes as our responsibility this evening. I did all the pans. It was a huge job. Afterward we had the song service and worship service. Barbara did a great job with her sermon and didn't use one note.

Later, after the service, they served ice cream sundaes. Then Karan and I went back to the camper and took our showers and went on to bed. It was nearly 9:30  and we had had a huge day.


2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie it sounds like a wonderful getaway :) Maybe not perfect but wonderful in its own way :)

Margie's Musings said...

Oh yes, I have been attending church camp for 55 years. I have only missed a very few years. I even directed the long camp for two years three years ago.