Thursday, July 27, 2017

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I did not sleep well last night. I woke up at 2:00 and really didn't get back to sleep and just finally got up at 3:00. I had a lot of stuff going through my mind and couldn't get settled back down. I will need a nap this afternoon. It rained last night and there is a 40% forecast for today too.

I got dressed about 5:15 and got my own and Missy's breakfast. I even prepared the strawberries I bought on Tuesday for today's dessert. I even have short cake and whipped cream.We will have hamburger pie for our main dish. That has green beans in it. We will need a salad. Hopefully Bob will bring one.

Missy and I went out at 6:30 and were enjoying the coolness out there when that scraggly stray grey cat came by and Missy got all excited and was going to take him on.  So I brought her in before she got hurt and shouted at him to "scat"! He's gone now and I will take her back outside in a little while.

I want to scrub the kitchen floor and vacuum today. I ran a wet swifter over it yesterday but that really doesn't get it clean. It just takes off the worst. I have to get down on my hands and knees with an old towel and 409 cleaner to really get it clean.

More later...

I got the kitchen floor scrubbed and the dining room and living room vacuumed before I played out. I will vacuum the hall and bedrooms later.   I even took Missy out again for awhile.  Now she is resting...in my chair.

More again later.

I laid down with Missy and got a short nap. Then I made the hamburger pie and it was good. I even took some to Marilyn R. We had the strawberry shortcake for dessert.

I laid down again in the afternoon  and caught up on some of the sleep I had lost.  It stayed pretty comfortable outside so Missy got to go out some more. I waited for the Reporter out there and it was late so I went ahead and watered the east side flowerbeds. 

Bob came over shortly after 5:00 to watch the news, and stayed until 6:30. Then I took my bath and got ready for bed, I watched TV until 9:00 and I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I went on to bed.

No comments: