Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday and Exercises and Game Day

I slept very well last night. Of course, before I got too asleep someone got a wrong number and called me and after they apologized and hung up I almost got to sleep and the same person called the wrong number again.  This time they just hung up. I got right to sleep. I woke up twice in the night but got right back to sleep. I got up at 5:15 and got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself. When it gets light I will take her out on the carport. She certainly is ready.

I will go to exercise class this morning and I will drive. Bob and I take turns. Also I will go to game day this afternoon. I want to scrub the kitchen and bathroom floors today too. I generally do that on Tuesday but took a nap instead. I don't cook lunch today since Bob has a dinner at Sycamore Landing.

Missy is crying to go outside so I will get back to this later...

This is Missy's favorite place out on the carport. It's the little rug I keep in front of the door inside the carport door. She has confiscated it and thinks it is hers. She has almost destroyed it snagging it with her claws.

 This is the scene of the flowers in pots on the front of my apartment. It's all I can do in these 90+ degree temperatures to keep them alive.  I water them every morning. You can see the water spilled on the concrete. When it's nice, I often sit out there.

More later....

Several of us went to Utopia after exercise class and had a good visit. Mona and Judy and I got into quite a discussion on  discrimination in America.  Mona has felt quite a bit of it as an Egyptian...especially at the college where she works. We all shared our stories of our experiences with discrimination. ..either as a minority or as a woman in America. Just as we all do, we need the fellowship of others who see our point of view and who will hear us out.

I don't know what I will have for lunch. I will look around and see what I have that I can eat.

I ended up with a half price Sonic chocolate milk shake (calories, calories, calories) since I didn't have to cook today.  Soon I will go to game day at the senior center.

Judy came by to choose a couple of my DVDs that feature an entire group of  Biblical scholars that offer their input. We will choose from those two DVDs on Sunday evening when we meet at Howard and Judy's home. Gary e-mailed me he wanted to come. I will pick him up.

So, more later....I'd  better get to game day.

Game day was fun even though there were only nine of us.  When I got home my paper soon came.  And the Journal was in the mailbox. I read the papers and then did the crossword puzzle in the Reporter.  Bob came soon after 5:00 and stayed until 6:30.  When he left I went out and watered the east side flowers. Then I came in and took my bath. Then I watched PBS with Missy. She loves "Nature"on PBS. 

At 9:00 I will go to bed.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...


Your kitty, Missy, looks so cute and contented on her little rug.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, she does. She loves to be outside but there are too many wild stray cats in our neighborhood and I have to be out with her.