Thursday, July 13, 2017

Thursday and Laundry and Apartment Cleaning.

I slept well last night without any Zyrtec and woke up at 5:30. That is always a good thing.

I have washed both the bathroom and kitchen floors and will vacuum the carpets later.  I will go to the dinner with Bob at the senior center at noon and take Karan a box lunch of it.

Missy and I have been out before it got unbearably hot and I have watered everything. We stayed out about an hour and then it began to get too hot and we came back in. She caught a locus out there and ate it. I hope it stays down.

I did a load of white laundry this morning and have it in the dryer now. I also put Missy's afghans in the dryer earlier under "fresh air". They needed it. They get covered with cat hair. She sheds terribly all the time. I keep the hair rollers in business. I buy those rollers four at a time.

I found this on Scott's website and totally agree with it.


Image may contain: tree, sky, cloud, outdoor and nature

We have this present administration because people have stopped using their minds and begun using their emotions to vote. They believe anything Trump says regardless if it's true or not. After all the lies that the president has told, and all the unbelievable things he has said and done, the really unbelievable thing is that he was even elected. We will be paying for this election for decades to come.

I had a discussion with the wife of our Mission Center president two years ago and we discussed the coming political situation and I told her that I believed there was an element in America that was totally ignorant and chose to remain that way. I believed that element was about 70 - 75% of the population. She said she believed it was even more than that.

I have a friend who says she never watches the news or reads anything about politics because it tends to upset her.  I asked her if she intended to vote in the 2016 election. She said she would.  That's very scary! It's people like that who elected this president. It amazes me that with the popular vote was overwhelmingly for Clinton, yet Trump won the electoral vote.

Enough about politics. That upsets me.

More later...

 Well, I got my laundry all done and the entire house vacuumed. Then I cleaned out the vacuum cleaner.  The bag had come loose from the tube it fit over and I had a huge mess inside the sweeper to clean up. Lots of dust and cat hair were everywhere in there. It took me 15 minutes to get that mess cleaned up. That two year old Hoover $98.00 sweeper is worthless. It works fine but the bag will not stay on the tube it is supposed to fit on.

Bob picked me up at 11:30 and we went to the Medicalodge free dinner at the senior center. It was alright but the chicken was heavily crusted and had obviously been frozen since the area near the bone was black. I did take a box to Karan. I had told her I would.

More even later...

When I got home, I found that the UPS man had come to deliver my package and had missed me while I was at lunch. I didn't know he would be here or I would have stayed home. Maybe he will come back tomorrow so I will not go to exercise class. It would be good if they would call first so I would know when he was coming. I sure paid enough for the package and he had my number so you would have thought he would call to make sure someone was home before coming by. A $15.00 birth certificate cost me $46.25 with all the extra charges added on. .

I went by Stan's and paid off my hearing aid. He gave me a $50. box of batteries for paying it off two months early. That was a fine gift!

Bob came at 5:20 and Keith called about that same time.  We watched the news. After Bob left, I took my bath and put my PJs on and laid down with Missy on the sofa and watched TV. I finally just watched "This Old House" hour. My Bob just loved that program and we always watched it when he was living.

I got the bed ready for bed and came in here to check out the blog and finish it for today. I will go to bed in 15 minutes.  I hope I can sleep tonight...like I did last night.

No comments: