Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sunday and Church Again


I slept well again last night. Maybe the bad sleep period is over.

Today I will go to church school and church. Afterward Bob and I will go to Cherryvale for lunch at Just Us.  Phyllis is gone. She went to see her daughter and grandchildren in Overland Park. Karan will be eating with Becky, Becky doesn't like to eat out of town. She has a square dancing meeting in the afternoon.

When I get home I will do my newsletters and then probably will read my book again until time to go to Marilyn's for our Living the Questions group meeting.  When I get home, hopefully at 9:00, I will watch the next episode of the Vietnam War on PBS.

More later...

I got my coffeecake finished and iced. I also took Missy out for awhile. She misses being an "outside" cat but there are too many strays in this neighborhood to let her out by herself. She would have another catastrophic fight and lose like she did right after I moved in here.

I came back in after I finished my Chai. So...more later...

I picked up Bob and we went on to church. We had our coffeecake and coffee and read our lesson aloud and discussed it.  Then we went on to the 11:00 service. Johnna did a good job and Rick and Carmen came again too. It looked like a very small group but by the time the service began many more had come in...almost late...and we had a pretty good crowd. 

Here's Kelly McIntosh "playing" the piano at church....it was the computer with our thumb drive with the hymns.  Phyllis is in Overland Park and Leslie and John are camping at Roaring River so it was Kelly's show.  :)

 Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

Afterward, I drove over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" and Karan went with us this time. Becky did not come to church after all.

After we got home, I did my newsletters and read awhile.  Bob came to read the papers but left after Denise called him. She evidently was at his place and he went to visit with her.

It's 4:15 now and at 6:00 I will watch 60 Minutes before going to Marilyn's for the group meeting.  When I get back home afterward, I will watch "Vietnam War" on PBS, take my bath and lay on the sofa with Missy to watch the documentary until it's over and then Missy and I will go to bed.

Change of plans....

Bob and I left the meeting early. There was some conflict between Richard and me over who should just take over the meeting with their comments...not allowing others an opportunity to speak.  I just resigned the group. That is the best for all.

When I got home, I watched the documentary "Vietnam War" and went to bed at 11:00.

No comments: