Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday and the Trip Home

I woke up at quarter to 1:00 this morning but managed to get back to sleep until 4:00, when I got up and finished packing and had my little bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee. The trip was relatively uneventful and we got back to Tulsa twenty minutes early. John, my son-in-law was waiting for me and as soon as I got my large bag,  I got into his truck and we took off for Coffeyville.

We visited some on the way home.

When I got home, I noticed the apartment looked unusually clean for my ten days away from it. I figured Bob A. had done some cleaning. As I was putting away my clothes, I heard him come in. He and Phyllis F. had been to "Just Us" to eat lunch after church.

He said he had not cleaned. My neighbor Carmen had and Betty my landlady had evidently helped.  Carmen's washer had run over and run under the wall and soaked the carpet under my daybed. They had cleaned all that up as well as the bathroom. The laundry water had come up into my bathtub too and all over the floor there. She not only cleaned the bathroom mess up but pulled the daybed away from the wall in the den and found the carpet in there was wet too. So they put a fan on it and it dried in a day. Then Carmen cleaned the carpet all over my apartment. It needed it but I had not expected they would do that. But she did! How wonderful!

Bob will be back in a couple of hours to watch 60 Minutes here. He had bought some ice cream and left it here so he encouraged me to eat some of it. I did!

I also emptied Missy's litter box and washed it all out and refilled it with clean litter. I took it outside under the faucet. Then I ordered more new litter from Amazon. I am nearly out.

More later....I have not yet opened the mail. 

Bob did come to watch 60 Minutes. After he went home, I  took my bath and went to bed at 8:20. I was thoroughly exhausted!



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you made it safely back to your little castle!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister Three! Monday was a huge day.