Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturday and A Slow Day

I slept very well last night and got up and got around early to go to the market. I got the ingredients for my peanut clusters and decided to take those to my daughter's cookie party tomorrow afternoon. I thought they would be something different from cookies. I asked Leslie and she thought that was fine!

I got them finished and in containers and in the frig to finish setting up. Then I began on my Classmate's newsletters. This will be year 20 for me. There have been three others who have had this responsibility over the years but I believe I have had it the longest.

I also wrote some personal letters to my children to express my appreciation for all they do for me. As we get older, it's a good idea to express  these things. We never know when we may suddenly be gone.

I got most of my personal letters and Christmas cards done this morning...unless I have forgotten someone as my cards come in. I have some extras.

It's nearly 11:00 now. I have worked on one thing and another all morning.

I think I will warm up some of that soup for my lunch.

By the way, my Christmas Cactus is about to bloom. This was given me by Leslie, my daughter years ago.

 Here's another view of it. It is even better today. I took these two photos a couple of days ago.

I got most of my Christmas cards out today along with an enclosed letter in each one. Bob has a bad cold and is staying away so I got an awful lot done while he has been home.   I had a bowl of that soup for my lunch. I sent some home with him on Thursday because I was going to be gone Friday to Chanute.

I am waiting for the mail now. Hopefully some of my classmates will be sending their Christmas cards with their news and I can put some more of that in the letter. Right now I am on page three and it is usually seven pages. Of course, we've lost a lot of classmates over the years. 

More later....

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on that class newsletter. I called Bob A. about 4:30 and asked him if he would like to go to Kansas Buffet for dinner. I don't usually eat dinner but I had such a small breakfast and lunch that I was hungry. Neither of us were very impressed with the new buffet.  

I came home and watched a movie on Amazon. Afterward I took my bath and Missy and I went to bed at 9:30..

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie those clusters sound delicious.

The Christmas Cactus blooms are lovely.

Love the idea of messages to your children :) Beautiful post. Have a wonderful Christmas !

! :) I have enjoyed visiting you here over the years.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Deb! I have also enjoyed reading yours. Have a wonderful Christmas!