Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept well last night again. I got up about 6:00..late for me.

I fed Missy and myself and got ready for the day. I went to the bank to get the correct change for Kathy. I never like to make her use her change for me.

I took Bob out to Betty's for a visit. Then I went on to meet Kathy for my appointment. She cut my hair and fixed it for me for the week. Hopefully, it will last now that it's been cut.

Then  I picked up Bob and we went to Walmart. He bought a new small microwave to replace the one he gave Eric and his family.  I bought some meat for the vegetable soup we will have tomorrow and Friday. I fixed it with stew meat this time.

When I got home I texted John that I was home early. He is to bring me the stamp money and some of the money I spent on ink cartridges. I will not ask for all I spent. I bought some nice paper and all the envelopes too. It took five cartridges of ink and I thought two might do it.

I have the soup on now. I will refrigerate it for tomorrow and warm it up tomorrow. It needs to cook another 15 minutes.

Alexa is playing some Peter, Paul and Mary music now. When I was young, they were my favorite group.

More later...

John came about 3:15 with the check for the stamps and cartridges. There wasn't quite enough but that's o.k. Some other classmates had sent me some money for the letter and I used that.

I went to the post office and bought a roll of stamps and put them on the 75 letters and gave them to the clerk.

Whew! That's done for another year!

When I got home, Keith called and talked to me a long while. He and Esther want me to come to Phoenix in the spring. I may just do that. I have never been to see them and see their new home. They have been personalizing it ever since they moved there.  I told Keith to choose a good time of the year and I would come.  Bob will take care of Missy for me. She loves him. I would only be gone for a week.

Bob came over at 5:00 and watched the news with me. He left at 6:30 and I came in here to finish this blog.  Now I will take my bath and put my PJ's on and get ready to lie down with Missy and watch some TV.  At 9:00 Missy and I will go to bed.

I am already tired!


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I like Peter, Paul and Mary too!!

Margie's Musings said...

Great music! Tells our age though!