Monday, April 2, 2018

Monday and Laundry

I slept pretty well until 3:30 when I woke up to go to the bathroom. Then I could not get back to sleep. About 4:00 I just got up.

I dressed for the day and fed myself and Missy. Then I stripped my bed and did the laundry. It is in the dryer now. Missy is in on my bed. I have cleaned the bathroom floor again after Missy tracked litter around.

I got my vegetable soup on in the slow cooker on setting five. I browned the beef for it first. About 8:00, I will turn the slow cooker down to three and let it cook until noon. I have added beef broth and tomato sauce to it along with the seasoning and the veggies and onion.  I will have whole wheat crackers and extra sharp cheddar cheese with it.

When the dryer stops I will try to coax Missy off the bed so I can remake it.

Well, that didn't work. Sher would not budge. I had to pick her up and put her down. She was furious! If she could have reached me she would have bitten me.  Now that I have told her she can get back on the bed, she is refusing. That cat!

But the bed is clean now. It has been three weeks I think since I have changed it.

I checked the heat on the slow cooker and it appears to be doing fine. I won't turn it down until 8:00 and then I will let it cook until noon. I told Bob I would give him some of it.  He can share it with Joanne if he wants or just keep it for a supper or two.

More later...

I went to Country Mart and bought cake pans and icing. The cake is in the oven and after it is baked, I will wait for it to cool before icing it.

And Missy did get back on the bed. She waited until I left for the market. It had to be her own idea. A cat after my own heart. :)
 
It appears CBS news is not going to be on CBS while the Oklahoma schools are going to Oklahoma City to protest lack of money for education.

So more later....

So I asked Alexa to lay the CBS news and she did.

After I ate some of my very good veggie beef soup (yes, I sent some home with Bob when he brought Karan's cake over.)  I went out to church to retrieve that Tomato Basil soup Leslie brought me yesterday. I had left it in the freezer there at church. I may have some of that on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will eat at great China if they are open again...if not,,, I will eat at Big Cheese.

Thursday, I have Ministerial Alliance meeting and that is at lunchtime. But I can have the soup again  on Friday too. That will be good.  She also brought me some chicken breasts. Those would be good with baked potatoes and some veggies.

I have been reading more of Carol and Bill's book and it is pretty good. I don't accept some of their salvation theology but who's to know which of us knows anything for sure anyhow. :) I may have mentioned this but the name of the book is "Unoffendable". That's pretty good theology.

More even later...

Phyllis brought me her cake a while ago.  She tried to call me several times but my phone only vibrated and it was in the kitchen. I was reading in the living room.

The news is on now so I will get back to this later...

As soon as the news was over, I took my shower and laid down with Missy on the sofa to watch an episode  on Amazon about Jack Benny. At 8:00 I gave up and just went to bed. I was so tired.

No comments: