Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday and Vacuuming

I slept fairly well last night although I woke up several times. I managed to get back to sleep.. When I finally got up at 5:00, my back was hurting and also my right shoulder and left ear. I was sleeping on my left side and the ear was sore. After I had been up awhile, everything stopped hurting except the shoulder.

I dressed and fed myself and Missy. She is begging to go outside but it's still dark out. When it gets light I will take her out while I water the flowers and deadhead them. She is right here determined to be heard.  So, more later...

I guess I will take her out now.

I took her out back first and she stayed nearby real well while I deadheaded the flowers and watered Then I took her out to the carport and she also behaved well there too now it's 7:40AM and now we are back in the house.  In a while I want to run the vacuum again. Each time I do that, I get a wad of cat hair in the vacuum canister. She is shedding a lot anymore.

I will not go to exercise class as long as my right shoulder is so sore. I will run the vacuum with my left arm.

In about ten minutes the CBS news will be on and I will watch it before I vacuum.

Last evening my eldest son, the IT I often post about, picked up this nice Mercedes.

 Image may contain: car and outdoor
I've had quite a quiet afternoon. I went to the bank and then I lay down on the sofa and watched a documentary about John Denver. I was a great fan of John Denver and I have many of his CDs

In the early eighties when I still lived in Caney, some friends of mine and I decided to attend a John Denver concert in Tulsa. It was winter and  sure enough, the day of that night's concert it snowed heavily. One of our number had a SUV so we decided to leave plenty early and go on. We did not want to miss this concert.

We got there a little late and the concert was sold out but only about half the audience was there.  When the time came for the concert to begin, he came out on stage and said "Folks, we're not going to start the concert until everyone who can get here tonight has time to make it.. My band will entertain you until folks stop coming." And that's what they did. After about an hour, the seats were full and he began. It was a wonderful concert. We all just loved it. What made it even more special was that he was so considerate of his audience. We got home at midnight that night but we had a wonderful time and he did an excellent concert.

It was a great time in our history. Everyone was concerned about the environment and guys were coming home from the war. His music was so healing.

I went to another concert several years later. It was "The Boss". I wanted to hear the music but the audience was so loud they drowned out the music.  It was completely different. I never went to another concert until "The Phantom of the Opera" came to Tulsa as a live show in the eighties and Taresa and Leslie and I attended. We really enjoyed that one too.

 I think that documentary made me blue.

It's nearly 4:00PM now and outside of the vacuuming, I didn't get much done today. Oh yes, I also changed the filter on the air conditioning unit.

At 7:00PM I will take my bath and change into my pjs. Later, about 9:00 Missy and I will go to bed.

 She will be in here about 4:45PM wanting her treats.  Mark my words. She has been asleep all afternoon on my bed. Poor old cat!

In fact, she just came in. It's 30 minutes too early for the treats so she will just have to wait.  :)

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Beautiful car!!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I think it is too, Sister-Three!