Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday and a Free Day

I slept pretty well last night after spending the afternoon with Nancy. Her nephew wants her to investigate some assisted living places in Bartlesville, She is not interested. All her friends live in Caney and she is 84 years old. She still takes care of her huge old house. She still drives locally and although she is forgetful (like most of us in our 80s) she definitely does not have Alzheimer's Disease. About five years ago she said she was diagnosed with it but she is perfectly lucid and after five years she should be showing a lot more confusion if that were true. I should know, my sister died of Alzheimer Disease. I think Nancy was misdiagnosed. I visit her every couple of weeks and we have a fine visit and go to lunch. We worked together when I worked at Blackledge Furniture in the 70's. I managed the gift shop and sold furniture when I wasn't busy and she sold furniture and consulted with customers about their decorating. Her mother and stepfather owned the store and it sold high end furniture.

After I got home from Caney, I moved my new acrylic to the living room wall right next to my curio cabinet.

 Image may contain: indoor

I got up close to 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and fixed myself some regular oatmeal. I need a few groceries but will have to wait unto Wednesday when my social security comes in to buy them.

I'm not sure what I will do with the day. I have to come up with some "finger foods" to take to the backpacking meeting at church this evening. I am not sure what "finger foods" are. I try not to snack so that is unclear to me.

So, more later....Missy is interested in going "outside". She spent most of the day alone yesterday so I feel sorry for her and should take her out.

I did take Missy out for awhile and she seemed to enjoy it. Bob called and wanted to come over for awhile and visit while he waited for Joanne to get up and around for breakfast. Missy enjoyed seeing him again too. She was pretty good. She wanted to come in after awhile to eat and drink some water so he came in for awhile too. Then Joanne texted him she was ready for breakfast so he left to go pick her up.

I went out to Country Mart to see if they had any snack trays I could take to the backpack party this evening but they didn't so I went out to Walmart and bought a small one.

Then about 9:00, I called Nancy to see if she was alright. She said she still has kind of a queezy stomach. She needs to call the nurse practitioner to see how her tests came out but she hesitates to do that. They should have called her but they did not. I visited with her awhile but finally got off the phone and went out on the patio area and deadheaded my flowers and watered them. Now it's 10:00 and that's all I have done.

This afternoon I mostly just puttered.  I got the flowerbeds watered. I worked on my next sermon. Rick called and asked if I would take their school supplies out to the church, He and Carmen will be working until 9:00 getting the paperwork ready for their trip to Canton, Ohio tomorrow. He brought their school supplies by and put them in my car.   He says they will be at church and then leave for Ohio after church. At 6:00 I headed out to the church.

We ate, and afterward, started loading the school supplies into the back packs.  We had 22 altogether. Melissa and Kelly will deliver them to Caney's Lincoln  school.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, shoes and indoor
This Karan, Melissa, Leslie and Leann posing with them.

I got home about 8:00 and took my bath and got ready for bed. Missy refused to come lie down with me on the sofa. She appeared to be miffed because I wasn't home all evening for our regular routine. Silly cat!

Anyhow after watching a couple of episodes of Amazon Prime's  Perry Mason, I went on to bed. Sometime later, Missy came in to bed.

No comments: