Thursday, October 25, 2018

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I would have slept well last night but Missy was restless and woke me up about 4:00AM. I finally just got up. I tempted Missy to the kitchen for her treats so she would get down from the bed and I could make it. After that, I got myself ready for the day.

This is Thursday and the day I scrub the bare kitchen and bathroom floors and vacuum the carpets. I got that done and watered the plants too. I have washed the vacuum filters and they are drying now. Strange, even though I just had the carpets cleaned last week, I still get an awful lot of cat hair in the vacuum.

I need to bite the bullet and dust too today. I also need to check the filter in the furnace. I changed it about a month ago and haven't run the furnace much yet. It will probably be just fine.

I did some more laundry this morning and it is drying now.  Missy has missed the litter box twice and peed on two of  the bathmats I put under the litter box. So I had two of those to wash and my underwear. Yesterday afternoon, I tracked in some dirt on my newly cleaned carpet in the dining room so I used my Resolve and an old washcloth and cleaned it up.So I washed that too. I need to always leave my shoes on the little doormat by the kitchen/dining room door.

I took Missy out a couple of times this morning but it was raining the first time and everything on the patio where she likes to go, was all wet. There is no roof over the patio. It had stopped raining the second time but there was a lot of water standing and the patio was all wet so unless it dries, she won't get to go out again today. She had to stay in all day yesterday since I was gone nearly all day. She is lying here behind me on the daybed now.

More later...

Fact Checking Trump:


Trump said that Saudi Arabia has ordered $450 billion from U.S. companies, including $110 billion in military contracts, representing over a million jobs.

Orders on that scale don’t exist. There is no data behind the $450 billion, and the $110 billion is a blend of smaller deals in progress, old offers that have not come through, and speculative discussions that have yet to move forward.

Trump’s claims about jobs ignores the long runway between signed agreements and actual delivery and payment. He treats spending that could play out over a decade as if it were spent in one year.

More importantly, if the $450 billion in orders is a mirage, the 1 million jobs is equally without substance.

We rate this claim Pants on Fire.

As usual, the president just takes a number out of thin air.

It's almost 4:00PM and I still have not been to the market. I may just let it go since I will be gone  with Karan and Leslie tomorrow at 10:00AM until Saturday evening to the Mission Center Conference in Springfield.

I have soup for Saturday evening and ice cream bars too. 

No comments: