Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday and Carless

I had an eventful weekend. I picked up Phyllis and her food to go to church on Sunday. After I got there and we got our food taken into the kitchen, I realized I had forgotten to get the secretary book for the business meeting we were to have along with the worship service.  I tried to start my car repeatedly but it would not start. I borrowed Bob A.'s car and went home for the minutes book and got back just after the service started. I took care of the minutes

After the service, I tried again to start the car but it would not start. Rick had brought his auto computer from the trucking firm he works for thinking he could diagnose the problem but it showed no codes at all. We tried jumping it but it still wouldn't start. So we locked it up and left it. Bob Avery took Phyllis and me home.

Scott called me this morning and we had a good visit.

Then later this morning I called Rough Country Towing, a towing outfit Gary uses, and made arrangements for them to tow it. The man I spoke to will drop by my apartment to pick up a key for the car.  He will tow it over to Gary's Automotive for Gary to figure out what the problem is. But it will be awhile. He has another towing job in Independence first. On his way back from Independence, he will pick up my car and tow it over to Gary's.  I will be without transportation for a few days. I will also be without money for quite awhile.😒

On top of everything else,  I have developed a cold. It was terrible last evening and early this morning but I used Zinc lozenges all evening and even this morning and it seems better. At least I have less cough with it. But I am nearly out of zinc lozenges now.  It never rains but it pours.

More later...

The young man from Rough Country Towing came by and picked up my car key so he could get into the car to put it in gear to tow it to Gary's Automotive. It will be later this afternoon before he can get it towed to Gary's.

I have watched the channel 6 news and the CBS news so I have turned off the TV now. I am not sure what to do about Juanita's appointment tomorrow afternoon in Independence.  I should call her and tell her about my dilemma.  That way she can get her step daughter's husband to take her to that appointment. I guess I will do that now......

That's what I did. She is now going to call the stepdaughter's husband and see if he can take her to her appointment at 1:00PM.  Then when I do get my car back and finally fixed (I hope), I will go up to balance her checkbook.

More later....

I took Missy outside for about an hour. She really enjoys the mild weather when she can go out. It's 59 degrees here today However, she continued to try to sneak off and investigate other areas so after an hour, I brought her back in. .She was very unhappy about that but an hour is an hour and I have this cold so I was ready to come back in myself.

So more even later...I haven't heard a word from Gary yet. He may not have the car yet...who knows.

Gary called this afternoon and had me come pick up the car. It was the starter, just as I thought. It cost me $370.00 including the tow. I just transferred some cash from my small savings and paid him. I was so glad to get the car fixed so I no longer have to worry about it.

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to catch up on things.

Missy and I watched TV for an hour or so and then I took my bath and we stayed up until 9:30 when we went to bed. I took a Benadryl tablet so I wouldn't have to blow all night.






2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I will be glad when you get your transportation back.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three- me too!