Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday and No Plan Again

I woke up again at 12:30 AM and went to the bathroom and took my med. Then I went back to bed but couldn't get back to sleep again. I waited an hour then got up and took the last of my Zzzquil. Then I slept until nearly 7:00AM.

I got up and got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself. I have been giving her a small dish of cut up soft Friskies fish cat food lately and since she can get that down without losing it, that has worked. First I give her her treats and then the soft cat food in tiny bits and then I grind up her Iams in my pecan grinder and put that in her regular food dish,. So far, so good. She has kept that down for over a week. With so few teeth, she simply cannot handle the Iams unless I grind it smaller. Raising an old cat takes some ingenuity.  I don't want to have her put down as long as she is not in pain. She sleeps a lot. She wanted to go out this morning but it's 18 degrees out there and I know she can't handle that much cold (and neither can I). I let her out just long enough for her to see for herself that it's much too cold out there. She came back in grudgingly...but she did come back in on her own speed.

I have watched the news and texted Bob to see how he slept. He and Joanne are going to the parade at 10:30.  It's her idea. He is not wild about the idea but he is humoring her. I told him to bundle up well. He catches cold easily.

I don't know what I will do today. I have caught up on my reading and it's too cold to go out. I am nearly out of milk but don't want to buy milk because we leave Monday for Tulsa for our flight out to Phoenix...by way of Denver.  I don't know why we couldn't have had a straight through flight but Keith is paying for it so I am sure this is the way he has to arrange it since we have to fly United. I will stay with Keith and Esther and Leslie and John will stay in a hotel, if I have that all right.

I am anxious to see Keith and Esther and their home. In the past few years they have made some major redecorating on the house to suit their tastes. Esther's brother has helped with that since he is a very fine carpenter. And Keith and Esther are going to take us sight seeing while we are there. One place they want to take us is to Sadona. I hope it's warmer there then it is here. I will take a jacket or perhaps my new coat. I have never worn it yet. I bought it for the Alaskan cruise but it was too warm in June to need it.

I may go to the library and get another book to read for today. I could take back the one I got and read for the Library's Book Club.

I did go to Bartlesville this morning and I had a 50% off coupon for Goodys and I finally found a purse I like and got a bargain.

I also bought gas there at Miller Brothers for $2.18 a gallon. It cost me $21.00 to fill my tank and they pump it for you!

Leslie called me when I was on my way home and I was sitting in the Sonic parking lot. I had ordered a child's chicken strip dinner from their menu and that came with tator tots and a small coke. She told me her plan for Thanksgiving week and also our plan for Phoenix this next week. Then Keith called too and he told me about their plans for us when we get there in Phoenix on Monday.  I was on my way back to Coffeyville so I pulled off the road to talk to him. He told me that John and Leslie were going to rent a car and find their way to their place with Leslie's GPS.

When I got home, I dumped out my flowers into trash bags and put them in the trash container over behind Marilyn's apartment. The frost last night had got them. They were truly done! I let Missy out for awhile but it was only 25 degrees and she didn't want out for long. She went to the carport door and wanted back in the nice warm apartment. I let her back in.

More later...

This evening, at 6:00PM, I will go to Karan's for the group video viewing and discussion afterward. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

More later...

It went very well.  I guess I am back in the group. It looks like a very interesting DVD. I am to have the group on my birthday December 2nd. I am not quite sure how to get to the number 2 on my TV to watch a video now that I have the Tivo hooked up to my television set. I will have to discuss that with Keith and Esther this week. We had a very good discussion tonight . It is Phyllis Tickle and a group discussion about her book, "The Great Emergence". There are five episodes on this video.

I got home about 9:00PM and took my bath and Missy and I stayed up until 10:00PM before we went on to bed. I needed to wind down.

4 comments:

marlu said...

The weather forecast for Phoenix for the next twelve days shows only one day below 70 - and that is 69 on Tuesday! Looks like great weather for your trip.

Margie's Musings said...

Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know, Marlu! I wasn't exactly sure what to pack.

Galla Creek said...

My flowers gone too. Hope you have a great trip.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister-Three. I hope to do that.