Thursday, December 27, 2018

Thursday and Breakfast Out

I slept well again last night. I got up a little after 5:00AM.

I dressed and got ready for the day, as usual. I put a small load of laundry in too...mostly towels and underwear. That's in the dryer now.

I texted Bob A. to see if he was interested in breakfast at Eggberts. He was. I told him I would pick him up at 7:00AM. We had a good filling breakfast and I got home about 9:00AM. Then I attempted to watch the CBS news when it came on but the wind was blowing again so the images were peculating. I left it on just in case it would clear up. That hasn't happened yet.

Kelly texted me looking for the number of the guys that moved me into this apartment. Luckily, I had kept the number and was able to text him back with the name and the cell number to reach them. If I recall correctly, he was the nephew of Fred Wittwer and also his nephew's son who helped him. I recall they did an excellent job...wrapped everything well and nothing was damaged in the least.

Kelly and Melissa are preparing to move into their new house in a couple of weeks. Their other house was very nice but it burned to the ground over a year ago. A spark from the fireplace caught the sofa on fire and luckily Kelly awoke smelling smoke and got the family awake and out safely. I learned then...never burn hedge. All but one dog that was in a cage got out and Kelly was unable to get to that one. He did get two others out though. They were just sick about the dog they couldn't get to. They hoped the smoke got it before the fire did.  It had spread so fast that most of them had to get out of a window. They lost everything, the house, furniture, two vehicles and two nearly new Harley Davidson motorcycles. ...everything. They got out in their night clothes. A tragedy! Luckily they had a small apartment above the new barn nearby. So they have lived there all this time.

The librarian cancelled the Book Club meeting this evening. The librarian is ill. We were able to post our thoughts about the book online on the library's Facebook page though. I did that. And as I was finishing that, Keith called. We talked quite awhile. He told me all about his dental ordeal. He has an abscessed tooth that they are doing a root canal on and a crown...to try to save the tooth. They got into the root canal procedure and he was in so much pain that they put him on percocet and a steroid to control the pain. They will finish the root canal tomorrow and his regular dentist will do the crown prep next week and he will get a crown eventually after the lab makes it up.

More later...

My landlady called me about signing a lease. I told her I had had Missy put down she said she had rescued a cat that looks just like Missy and had her spayed and planned to offer her to me if anything happened to Missy. She says she is an indoor cat and she (Betty) has other cats that Mia (her cat) doesn't like.  She said she would bring her by to meet me and I could make up my mind then. Also, if it didn't work out, I could give her back. I am mulling it over and checking that out with Leslie. Leslie seems to think that meeting this cat would be a good idea.  They are just so much company.

About 6:00PM or so, I took my bath and got into my PJs. Emmet came by and brought me Betty's rental contract  and later he came back to pick it up. I made one modification to it. The rental contract said we would be responsible for all the utilities and also the mowing of the yard.  Betty has several houses that are rentals too. She didn't specifically indicate that the duplexes and apartments were not responsible for the mowing and were only responsible for the electric bill so I made a notation on the contract to that effect and that these four plexus were not responsible for the mowing either.

Then I signed that contract.

After all that, I turned on the TV and tried to watch the news. The wind made that rather difficult with the antenna. So I turned on Amazon Prime, which is dependent on my router. I watched a couple of episodes of that and then got my bed ready to go to bed.  I will go on to bed in twenty minutes.


2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

When I read about your kitty passing away, I actually schemed in my head how you might manage to have another cat. And I was thinking maybe you could find one that looked enough like Missy that you could fool your landlady and everyone would just think it was Missy. How perfect, now you don't even have to try and fool your landlady. Maybe the kitty that she brought to your attention is the kitty that is "supposed" to be yours.

In my case it seems like I manage to meet dogs that seem like they were meant for me. Our dogs have always lived between 13 1/2 years to near 15 years. My husband and I haven't had very many dogs during our 44+ years of marriage because except for a Sheltie and Collie that we had at the same time, we have always only had one dog at a time. Our Sheltie had been stolen out of our back yard, and he was gone many weeks. We got a Collie in the meantime. A couple of weeks after having our Collie we saw an ad in the paper about a Sheltie that had been found. We answered the ad and sure enough in was our Dandy Sheltie. The people had found him wandering the streets weeks and weeks after he had been stolen from our yard. The man asked me the dog's name and he called out Dandy and Dandy started wagging and got all excited to hear his name again. The man got back on the phone and said "Yes, it's got to be your dog he was so happy to hear his name". So he really was supposed to be with us.

I hope that everything works out for the best with the kitty. Pets are such good company.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, they are. It's just that I am not sure I want another cat at my age. I don't want to have to go through the agony of cleaning up after them again when they are sick...and they will get sick now and then. And also, I hate to think about having to deal with another cat/animal to have to eventually have put down. I will meet this cat but I may not take her. Missy was so amusing with her many funny idiosyncrasies. I really don't think she can be replaced. But I will try to keep an open mind.