Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday and More Moving

I slept well this morning again. I was in bed by 8:30PM last night and woke up by 4:30AM this morning. I ate my oatmeal and drank my Chia and then after I watched the news I began packing again. I got five boxes finished and several brown boxes too by noon. Bob Avery dropped by this morning to tell me about his dental appointment and stayed until 8:45AM and then went to pick up Joanne for exercise class.

I finished the bedroom (except for the closet) and the living room too. I also put the sleeping bags in the car to take over. I got the desk in the wall unit packed.

About 11:30, I called Nancy to see if she was feeling any better and she was fine today. She asked me to come over and go to lunch. And I decided I may as well take these boxes over to the apartment.

We went to their Mexican Restaurant and had taco salad and visited. Eggberts was closed for some maintenance. Then we went over to the apartment and carried the boxes in and put them in the storage closet.

I did some measuring in the bathroom window and in the den window too.  I would still like to find a bamboo shade for that den window and I would put my brown living room valence up above it for color. I will put the den valence at my present apartment above the bathroom window.  I will also need to buy a shower curtain. There is only a plastic liner hanging there. I would also like to have curtain valences above the other windows too just for the color. They have mini blinds on all the windows but the den window and the bathroom window.

Suzanne and Steve did not paint today...probably because of the rain. After we did all that we did we went up to Caney City Hall and I made my deposit on the water bill and arranged to have the water turned on on the 24th.

Then we went over to Nancy's and visited. After John called to check on me and make sure I was alright, I became aware of the time, I told Nancy I needed to leave before it got dark. The rain was still coming down. So I drove back before 6:00PM and it did get dark before I got home.

It's been a big day but I am making headway. When it stops raining perhaps sometime tomorrow, I will go over to Steve's liquor store and get some boxes there to pack my books in. I used some of his boxes when I moved in here at the Coffeyville apartment.

Now I will eat my yogurt and watch TV until 7:00PM when I will take my bath.

I plan to go to bed early again this evening. It's been a big day. 

No comments: