Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday and Cancelled Church

The roads are icy this morning and the pastors have cancelled church. Too many of our people come from way out of town and since we are in the country and the roads are too treacherous to have them drive in from Neodesha, I guess I will just stay in. I thought about visiting a local church but they may be cancelled too. Most all churches anymore are made up of older people who are not safe to drive on icy roads, let alone walk on icy sidewalks.

I will just watch the weather on TV. Too many TV evangelists are strictly fundamentalist in their belief systems and I would be horrified I am sure.  😉

More later...

About 10:30AM, I went out and checked the streets. They were fine...no ice at all. I had a prescription to pick up at the Independence Walgreens store so I decided to go up and get it. While there, I would go to Walmart and get a couple of things I needed from there too and then stop at their Braums and get milk. I got all that done...no ice at all.

When I got back to Caney I noticed that Casey's still had $1.99 on their gas so I got 10 gallons. That was 10 cents a gallon cheaper then Independence and 5 cents a gallon cheaper then Coffeyville.

Then the really bad news came in. I got a call from Georgianna, Juanita's (my blind friend who would have turned 94 in October) cleaning lady,  Juanita's son, Chet, who just turned 70 last week, had had a diagnosis of 4th stage lung cancer last month and he died on Wednesday. Juanita had a stroke a week ago, and she died yesterday. Michele, Chet's wife, is overwhelmed. Not only has she lost her husband but she also has now has lost her mother-in-law, Juanita. She is inconsolable.  I don't know how much help her two sets of twins will be.

I must get a letter off to Michele and the family and a sympathy card as well.

I wrote her a letter and sent a card as well. It won't go out until tomorrow since today is President's Day and that's a national holiday.

I spent the evening watching TV and reading. At 7:00PM I took my bath and at 9:00PM I went on to bed.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So sorry about your friend. You were a great help o her.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sister-Three. I tried to be a good friend.