Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday and Mowing

I slept very well last night although when I woke up at 4:15, I had had my sleep out. I dressed and had my oatmeal and am watching the early news. I understand Ohio State is playing in tonight's play offs and I should be able to follow it on channel 6.  I intend to watch the game. I am sure Scott and Ginger will too.

Sometime after it warms up today, I want to mow my back yard. There are a lot of weeds growing along the back side of the apartment on the north in the fenced in area. I want to mow them down. I should get out some weed killer and spray them too. John will be bringing me some pasture dirt soon and I will need to get some weed barrier first and then add some Miracle Grow to that after he brings the pasture dirt and before I plant flowers. I never plant before the last part of April. I am anxious to have flowers again. I gave Betty my wrought iron flower pot holders. I would have nowhere to put them here anyhow. The above ground  flowerbed John made for me will be enough.

I have no plan for today. I don't need to do laundry yet. The apartment is clean.  So I will read again. After I finish reading this second book, I will take these two back to the library. By then, it should be time to mow that back yard.

More later....

I mowed the back and front yards and if it doesn't rain, I will mow the side tomorrow. This is the back yard.



Image may contain: tree, grass, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

I will mow the side yard after that. I won't try to do the entire yard in one day.

I went ahead and mowed the front too. Rain is in the forecast. I can't figure out how to empty the bag though. I tried the obvious way and it spilled some leaves and grass on the drive and I had to sweep that up. But the front and back look nice. I really need to trim those two trees though.

Image may contain: tree, grass, sky, house, plant, outdoor and nature

I went to the library and took back the two books I read this week. I got two more from this author. She writes a very interesting book. Maybe I will slowly get through all they have at the library.

It's 5:40PM now. I will watch the news before I take my bath.  So more even later...

More even later...

I took my bath at 7:00PM and went on to bed at 9:00PM. I was very tired.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The yard looks good.

Unknown said...

Can you tell us what author you are reading?

Margie's Musings said...

It is Jodi Picoult. Her books are fascinating.