Sunday, March 17, 2019

A Busy Sunday

I almost didn't get to sleep last night. I finally got up sometime after 11:00PM and took a benadryl. That finally dried up my sinus' and got me to sleep. I woke up at nearly 5:00AM this morning so I just got up and dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. Then I mixed up the coffeecake.

The coffeecake is out of the oven and cooling now. When it is cool I will put the icing on it.

It will seem strange not to have Sue at church. She will be sorely missed.

I am now the second oldest person in the congregation. Bob is oldest. Sue was third oldest.  Now Gene is the third oldest.

Later this afternoon, around 5:00PM, I will bake my apple brown betty and get some ice cream from the Dollar General to put on it. The Living the Question group is supposed to come at 6:00PM to see my apartment. I am not enthusiastic about it.

It's supposed to be a beautiful day. It's more like spring lately.

I will get back to this later.

Church school and church went well. After church, we all went to eat at Great China and I brought home half my dinner. I will have it tomorrow.

After we got back to the church, I drove on back to Caney. I had some left over coffeecake and I took some to Alice, my neighbor.

Then I did my newsletters. I ran out of ink for my printer and will have to get some when I go to Coffeyville on Tuesday for my hair appointment. I also did a load of laundry.

I also made my apple brown Betty and ran out to the Dollar General store for some ice cream to serve with it. Karan and Judy and Howard came and we watched the video. They were the only ones able to come. Joyce is in Alaska and the Bashams couldn't come because Mona's husband wasn't up to it.

After they left I cleaned up the dishes and put them away. Then I watched 60 Minutes, which I had recorded and after my bath I watched Dateline. Then I got ready to go to bed at 10:05.  Once again it had been a big day.

No comments: