Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday and The Trip to Women's Retreat

I am all packed...except for finding something to take to the silent auction. So far, I haven't found anything suitable. I will continue looking around. Surely I can find something. I have my books for the book exchange all packed up in a book bag.

I slept fairly well considering I was concerned about how I would sleep over at the retreat. I am taking my meds and the melatonin too. I got up close to 5:00AM., dressed and ate my breakfast. I have had my coffee and the chai latte and am now drinking my cappuccino.

I will leave about 10:00AM. The dinner at the senior center is at 11:00AM. That will give me plenty of time. I want to leave my car in Karan's garage. We are forecast for rain all next week and we may get hail this weekend while I am gone.  I am always concerned about hail since I had a perfectly good Toyota destroyed by hail in the past.

I have been re-reading the Scott Peck book, "Further Along the Road Less Traveled." It is just as good today as it was in the 80's.  Our church honored him with our peace prize in 2008 for his books. I attended that Peace Colloquy. It was terrific. He was teaching folks how to come to "community" at that time and his experiment with our congregation at that Peace Colloquy was terrific. He said we came to "community" faster then any group he had worked with. I'm not surprised. After all, we are Community of Christ and are renowned for our sense of community.

More later...

I finished the book before I left for Coffeyville. After my hair appointment I went out to Walmart and  After I got to Karan's I put my car in Karan's garage. Then we went to pick up Carmen and drove to the Joplin area to go to the campgrounds. After there, I had no time to blog and took no computer so I will not be back until Sunday afternoon to finish blogging about the retreat.

More Sunday afternoon.

No comments: