Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night and got up about 5:00AM, got myself dressed and ate my oatmeal for breakfast. and fixed my coffee. I put out the cat food for the little cats. I hope they get it and not the starlings.

I have the coffeecake in the oven and I think we have cakes this week so I had better bake a cake too and take it to church and put it in the freezer. This will be a busy morning. I am nearly out of milk and hope to remember to get some at Braums while I am in Coffeyville today.  I had better get some half and half too. I hope I can find a way to church that is not flooded.

We have our car trip to Branson next weekend. I don't know whether we will run onto flooding on that trip or not. Flooding is widespread around here and in Oklahoma. I don't know about Missouri. I will try to find out on Wednesday while I am in Coffeyville. I will ask Janet, the senior center manager, to check.

More later...coffee cake is done.

O.K. the coffeecake is out of the oven, cooled and iced and the cake for the First Christian Church is in the oven and about to time out too. I will have to let it cool before icing it. I may just have to take it to church and ice it there if it doesn't get cool enough to ice before I leave. But it's only 7:00AM so I should be able to ice it before I leave. I will put it in the freezer at church and Bob will pick it up on his way to Independence on Tuesday. It will thaw during the day.

It rained again last night. I am so glad I got the back yard mowed yesterday evening. I don't know when I will be able to mow the side yard. We leave for Branson on Thursday morning...if we are able to go at all.

More later...it's about time to take the cake out of the oven.

O.K. The cake is out of the oven and cooling. When it is completely cooled, I will ice it.I see on channel 6 that Sapulpa and El Reno, Oklahoma had a tornado last night. They are showing the damage now.
Image may contain: plant and outdoor

I see the little grey cat is back eating the cat food before the starlings beat him/her to it.

We had a very small congregation today at church. The rain was intense and it must have influenced the congregation. There were only 11 there.  The sermon was very good though.  After the service, 9 of us went out to El Pueblo for lunch and after that I met my cousin's widower and his daughter for tea at Eggberts. They ate dinner. I had already eaten.  A little later, Bob came too and had a short visit. Everett and Tricia needed to get back to El Dorado, Kansas, where his older sister lives.

I came on back home after stopping at Brahms there in Coffeyville and buying milk and half and half and bananas. It poured down rain during the church service so there is no chance of me mowing the side yard today.  Maybe it will be nice tomorrow and I can get it done.  Anyhow, I got the newsletters done. They won't go out until Tuesday though because of the holiday.

Now, I need to change my clothes and relax. I will get back to this later.

I watched two of the programs I had recorded this afternoon on my Tivo and then about 7:00PM I took my bath and sat down at this computer to put together two more church directories.  I will take them to Karan on Wednesday and she will stitch them up on her sewing machine.

Tonight about 9:00PM, I will go to bed.



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Seems the place you live now is so much nicer. More like a home.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is, Sister-Three. The other apartment was built in 1969 and this one was built in 1998. This duplex also has a garage for my little car...thank goodness, instead of a carport.