Saturday, May 25, 2019

Saturday and Even More Rain

I slept very well last night. I did get up about 5:00AM or so. I had had my sleep out. It began to storm just as I was going to bed last night but the storm just helped put me to sleep.

I have dressed and made my bed and had my breakfast and coffee and Chai and am feeling satisfied. . We don't have much chance of rain until 3:00PM this afternoon if I can believe the forecast. That could easily change though. It's 64 degrees right now but is forecast to get up to 82 degrees today.

The ground is too saturated to mow though. Even if the sun would shine for awhile, it would take a lot of sunshine to dry up this ground. There are floods everywhere. I don't know how I will get to church tomorrow. The Dearing road is flooded and so is 10th street out of Independence so I may have to go on into Coffeyville and take Cline up to Woodland and west there to the golf course and then north there at that corner to Turkey Farm Road (2600 road) in order to go west to the church on that 2600 road.

More later...

My favorite poem by Robert Frost. "The Road Less Traveled".


Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature
I went down to Hobby Lobby about 11:00AM and bought the prizes for my June Bunco game at the senior center. Once a year we each provide the prizes. I got back home about 12:00 Noon.  I bought colorful bags and tissue to wrap them in. Hopefully I have chosen things the winners will appreciate.

Now, I have to decide what I will have for lunch. So, more later...

Oh wow! The new home is coming right along. They are laying brick!

Image may contain: cloud, sky, house and outdoor
There are several more inside photos but this gives us an idea of what to expect!

Image may contain: indoor
I can hardly wait to see it finished! It will be several more months.

More even later...

I read this afternoon and also watched a program I had recorded this morning. It never did rain and I considered mowing the back yard but it's 82 degrees out there right now and I knew I would be very tired and sweaty so I decided against it.

I will try to wait and see if I can do it on Monday. I even went out and filled the mower with gas but I just couldn't make myself do it. It will just have to wait until I am up to it. It's 4:20PM right now and unless it cools down a bit, I will not mow even later this evening.

 It's 5:10PM and I stepped out back to deadhead my flowers in the flowerbed and there was a light breeze blowing out there. I decided there may not be a better time to mow that back yard. So I changed my shoes and got the mower and mowed it. Now all I have to think about is the side yard. It may be awhile till I can do it depending on the forecast.


Image may contain: grass, plant, tree, outdoor and nature

That flowerbed's looking pretty good!
Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor


I plan to take my bath at 7:00PM as usual and go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Love that poem too.

Margie's Musings said...

It says everything, doesn't it, Sister-Three?