Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Tuesday and a Very Hot Day

I slept well last night and didn't wake up until before 6:00AM. I got up and dressed and ate my oatmeal and had my coffee.

I waited until 9:00AM to go out and trim. It was already pretty hot. The only time I went out after that was to go out to Dollar General for a few groceries. Other then that, I stayed in and read. I had a chicken pot pie for lunch and peach iced tea. Later I had some trail mix.

Suzanne called and asked me who I had to mow for me and I gave her the name and telephone number of the family. She has given up on Zeke, my neighbor, to keep their mowing up weekly and is going to have my mower mow their yard too and add it to their rent.

Leslie called me to see if I could keep Raven this next weekend. I had intended to do that here but after my neighbor told me they had been inundated with fleas, I thought I had better not.  Raven doesn't have fleas, I know. The kids use meds to prevent that. But I will instead go out to John and Leslie's and stay there from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening while they attend a retreat for Mission Center officers near Fayetteville, Ark..

I have no idea where their fleas came from. Alice certainly didn't have either a dog or a cat. Suzanne thinks they may have brought them in with their moving boxes. They have had an exterminator spray for them.

I tried to read this afternoon but fell asleep several times.

I read the Readers Digest as well as some of my new free Amazon book this afternoon. I am watching the news now. It is 5:55PM now.

I see John Vanatta is mowing next door now. He is the father of the girl who mowed my yard. He is using his riding mower. That grass is very high and that will make quite a mess.

More later...

I asked the girl to come in out of the heat. She was sitting in his pickup truck in the heat. She did come in. I gave her a glass of iced peach tea. After he had done the bulk of the mowing and the trimming, he  came and got the girl  to let her finish up. They charged $35.00 to mow that yard. They are only charging us $25.00 for mine. I don't know what the difference is except for the trimming and the fact that they used John's riding mower.

After they left, I read my book the rest of the afternoon.  In the evening, after my bath and before my bedtime, I watched another episode of "Murder She Wrote" on Amazon Prime.  I went to bed at 10:00PM.

No comments: