Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sunday and Church and a Coffeecake

I got up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and made my bed, dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. I am working on my Chai now. I put out more food for the mama cat and her kittens. They have been eating off and on this morning.

I have the coffeecake in the oven and set the timer so I could hear it in here in the office/den.

I slept well last night after I finally got to sleep. I wondered about the apartment next door. Suzanne had me check yesterday evening to make sure the water from the frig ice maker wasn't letting water flow onto the kitchen floor.  I checked and it was dry. Also the ice maker never made ice. After I went to bed last night I started wondering if a leak had developed later. Finally, I just got up and opened their garage door and went into the kitchen again to check. The floor was still dry and the ice maker was still not working. Steve will have to have a look at it. But at least the kitchen floor is still dry. I went back to bed and went to sleep. I woke up once in the night and went to the bathroom but got right back to sleep.

After the coffeecake finishes baking and cools, I will ice it with a glaze. Then I will leave about 8:00AM to go to church. I like to be there early to check things out, turn on the PA system and empty the trashes.

More later....

I got the coffeecake iced and ready for the church school class . Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Leslie did a good job with her sermon especially considering the theme ...it was a hard theme to deal with.

Phyllis and I went to Great China for lunch and each of us brought half our lunch home for tomorrow.

I spent a couple of hours doing the newsletters and getting them ready for the mail.

Then I read the rest of the afternoon, Suzanne and Steve came and got the new neighbor's garage door opener. They moved a lot of their new furniture and boxes into the apartment.

About 6:15PM, I gassed up the mower and mowed the front yard.  I was worn out by then. It had been a big long day. I will mow the back in the morning. Then perhaps by tomorrow evening or Tuesday I can mow the west side. It is 7:10PM now and I will go take my bath. I had recorded 60 Minutes and so I will watch that after the bath and before bedtime.

More later...

I watched 60 Minutes, took my bath and charged up my phone. Now, I think I will go on to bed. I am pretty tired.  It's 8:30PM now and that's close enough to 9:00PM

No comments: