Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday and Back Home

We had a fine time at the retreat. On the way home we stopped at an ice cream parlor and had a great ice cream cone. We got back about 4:00PM and I got unpacked and am catching up the mail. I will do the crossword puzzles in the Reporter in a little while. I have read my papers. First I want to take my bath.

Suzanne, my landlady brought me a box of furnace/air conditioner filters. I will use the ones I have right now and start with those new ones after Christmas.

I will have to bake and ice a cake tomorrow as well as my coffeecake. I will take the cake to church and put it in the freezer for Bob to take to Independence on Tuesday. I will serve the coffeecake to the church school class.

More later....

I took my bath and then I texted with my grandson, Jerod, Scott's son, for a couple of hours while I worked around the apartment.  I hadn't heard from him in awhile. He is pretty busy working following the last hurricane. He is an insurance adjuster.

I watched an episode of "Murder She Wrote" and then at 9:00PM I told Jerod I was going to bed. I was very tired. He will call me tomorrow afternoon and talk awhile.


No comments: