Sunday, March 8, 2020

Sunday and Coffeecake

I slept well last night!  The last time I checked my phone it said it was almost 5:00AM so I got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day. After I had made up my face, I noticed my watch was an hour behind. I had forgotten to turn the clocks and watches up an hour for daylight savings time. I will need to do that before I make the coffeecake. It's almost 6:00AM now so I had better get in gear.

More later....Well I got all the clocks changed forward and the coffeecake finished and iced. I made it into muffins instead of an 8 inch square coffeecake.  I leave the pecans out for Bob's piece. It's 7:30AM now and I will leave for church at 8:00AM or 8:30AM No one comes before 9:00AM but sometimes Bob comes that early. Karan may still be sick and may not be there at all. She has our strongest voice for the hymns.

More later...

Well, Karan was well enough to come to church and in fact we had a large congregation this week. After church, Bob and Phyllis and I went to Great China for lunch. It is always so good and we always get enough food for the next day too.

When I got home, I sent off my newsletters.  I put them out on my mailbox with the flag up so the mailman will take them today.

Halfway through the afternoon I went out to Sonic and had a mini Sonic Blast. I can't do that too often or I will gain weight. Then I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day.

I read in the afternoon and even in the evening. I had started a new book and a new author and couldn't put down the book until I took my bath at 7:00PM and I finished it at 9:30PM. I watched 60 Minutes at 6:00PM and stopped reading only long enough to feed the cats. 

I went to bed at 9:30PM.


1 comment:

Kay said...

I remember running around the house and changing the clocks twice a year when we lived in Illinois. I love not having to do that now, but then I forget the time difference when I call my kids in Illinois and Maryland.