Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday and Reading

I slept fairly well last night...nothing I would write home about. I finally got up about 4:00AM...no sense just lying there tossing and turning. I made my bed, dressed and made my breakfast. I had turned on the weather and see that tomorrow we are to have rain and possible hail. Obviously, I will be staying in and keeping my car in the garage.

Both yellow cats were ready for their breakfast this morning. Big Yellow Tom was waiting for me to open the door. He ate a bit and then left. Soon the young yellow cat came and ate his/her fill too. So far I haven't seen any of the gray cats. I have left the food out there...just in case. I see the Big Yellow Tom Cat is back eating again.

I will just read this morning and try to finish the book in the Kindle. I read all morning and Finished the book entitled, "Little Fires Everywhere." It was interesting.

Now I have downloaded another called "The Great Influenza"  It's by John Barry and it's about the 1918 Flu Pandemic. My grandmother's infant sister died in that flu epidemic. Then I saw this book on Amazon and thought I would read it. I read all afternoon. It is interesting because it also starts with the history of medicine in America. Until the 1900's the practice of medicine had not changed much in 1000 years.  They still bled people to treat them with nearly anything and did not cut bodies open for autopsies. Then Germany became the standard for modern medicine. In America, doctors didn't even need a college degree and definitely..no medical school. Any doctor who wanted to be on the leading edge of medicine, went to Germany to study. It has been interesting so far.

Time for the 4:00PM news. It's now 4:30PM.

More later....

I read until the news came on and then after that I read until 9:00PM, when I went on to bed.

7 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I wish you could get good rest.

I often think when I see some of those ridiculous posts on FB, looks like they were at least check their facts.
Most of the information is just lies and they spread it. Why wouldn’t someone check? Especially a minster
of the gospel.

Margie's Musings said...

That's what factcheck is all about. I always read factcheck.

That information you are talking about is mostly just ignorance.

Kay said...

I’m having the hardest time with getting enough sleep too. I’m actually dreaming about the Coronavirus. Sigh.

Galla Creek said...

I may try that book about the flu of 1918...if I can find it.

Margie's Musings said...

Kay, when it gets really bad I take two melatonin tablets. That helps a lot!

Margie's Musings said...

Your library can get it from another library if they don't have it, Sister-.

Margie's Musings said...

I bought it on Amazon for my Kindle.