Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept fitfully last night again. The right arm has begun to hurt again. I adjusted the brace but for some reason in the early morning I woke up with it hurting again. It does best when I put it under my spare pillow. But I have to lie on my back or the weight of my body makes the shoulder hurt. I sure thought that brace was the answer to my problem.

I woke up at 4:00AM and couldn't get back to sleep so I just got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

When I clean today, I will just do the bare floors, and vacuum the bedroom, halls and living room. Then tomorrow I will do the dining room and den.

I want to get my breakfast so I will get back to this later.

I have had my breakfast and fed six cats/kittens. The straight line winds are terrific this morning. I went out and watered both pots of flowers well. The wind will dry them out. I may have to bring them in to keep them from being damaged. I have nursed these flowers for several months.  We're supposed to have a severe storm watch and rain today and Saturday also .

More later...

Well, we had some 60 mile per hour winds and a hard rain. It has calmed down some now. I looked out in my front yard and my neighbor's trash container had rolled and blown into my yard. I went out through the garage with my umbrella and took it back to their garage door. It's still raining but nothing like it was and the wind is much calmer.

Scruffie braved the storm to come over for some drinkable clean water and a few bites of food.  She was wet. I think she went back across the street and into their utility room which has no outside door. Her kittens stay there during cold/hot or stormy weather. I see their large camping cooler has blown over and is laying on the ground now.

Yesterday while watching the update on the virus  it was mentioned that the acid reducer Omeprazole that my doctor put me on makes the virus easier to get.  I need to call and ask him about that.

More even later...It's 8:30AM now and soon I want to start my cleaning when the CBS news is over..

I read in my new book a while before I fixed my lunch. For desert, I had an ice cream bar.

I got the bedroom, den, hall and living room vacuumed. Now all I lack is the dining room. Tomorrow, I will pull the chairs out of there and vacuum it. I also need to dust.

I went up to Sam's restaurant this afternoon and bought a gift certificate for Bob Avery for his birthday. He loves to eat there. His birthday is Sunday. I told the manager that I wanted the gift certificate for my brother-in-law and she asked, "Is your brother-in-law named John Brooks?" I said, "No, that is my son-in-law.....the artist" I told her in September I would be coming back in for another gift certificate for him. He loves that restaurant too. I thought that was an unlikely guess. I am over twenty years older then John. :)

It started raining again this afternoon.  I had to use my windshield wipers coming back from Independence.

I read most of the afternoon and about 4:30PM, I ate my last banana at 105 calories but lots of fiber.

If Nancy and I go to Independence for lunch tomorrow I may buy some more at Walmart there.

Her cousin, Dale, called me today to try to get me to instead get take out and eat it either in the car of here at home. I will run that by Nancy tomorrow and see what she wants to do. Sam's, where we planned to go, cleans constantly after each booth is emptied.  They wear masks and so do we until we are ready to eat. They have separation between each booth too.

Nancy does not like to feel "controlled" but it is up to her what we do.

It will be interesting how that comes out.

I read until 7:00PM when I took my bath and got ready for bed. Then after that I logged onto Amazon Prime and watched a couple of episodes of forensic Files. I went to bed shortly after 9:00PM 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Your storms were expected here, but they wore themselves out before they reached my house. :D

Margie's Musings said...

It rained most of the day here, Donna.