Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Wednesday and Hair Day

I slept fitfully last night. Again I slept on my right side and eventually the arm began to hurt so I turned over on my other side and worked the arm under my pillow. That helped. I need to do some adjustments on the brace. I will do that before I go to bed tonight.

And I went to bed way too early. It was 8:30PM. I had read all afternoon and my eyes were tired.

It's nearly 5:00AM now and I am up and dressed. I will go over to Coffeyville about 6:30AM and pick Bob up for breakfast. We missed last week. I think that was when he was sick with the diarrhea. I like having breakfast with him on Wednesday mornings. It gives us a chance to catch up on our news.

I will have some coffee and perhaps my chai. I will also watch the "Weather on the 8's" on the weather channel and feed any cats that have come for breakfast before I leave.

I fed six or seven cats this morning. As usual, I had Scruffie here first and then three of her kittens came and one of the yellow adolescent cats. Then just as I was settling down to relax and watch the news, Big Yellow Tom came for his breakfast.

I got both computers that had trouble with Outlook, my mail program, to work last evening. I rebooted the desktop and that fixed that one. Then I rebooted the notebook but that didn't fix that one. Later I rebooted it again and that time it fixed it. So far as I know this morning the mail on all three computers are working now.

After breakfast with Bob I will go to my hair appointment at 9:00AM, get gas at Woodshed and  then come on back home. We have no games today. This would have been Asbury Village's Bunco day but because they are an Assisted Living home and are at great risk for the virus and their people are those at extra risk because of their health problems and age, they have cancelled their day until all this passes...if it ever does. The scientists are expecting a second surge this fall. Because of people who refuse to take proper precautions and gather in large groups, the virus just gets worse.

More later...

We had our breakfast and I took Bob back home and then I went to the Woodshed and bought gas. After that, I went to the beauty shop and got my hair washed and done. Then I got my car washed and drove over to the car wash on 8th street and dried it in their dryer  Then I came on back home. There were no additional game days this week at the senior center. When I got home I went out to Sonic and got their Wacky Pack kids dinner for $2.18. (including tax). That filled me up but still l had an ice cream bar when I got home. That really filled me up. This evening, I will just have a banana for supper.

My new small purse came in the mail today. The inside of the one I was using was all torn up. It was pretty old. This one will not be so bulky either. It was a $40.00 purse I got for $25.00.

After my lunch Scruffie came for a lunch meal and I fed her. Then one of the yellow cats came and I fed her too. So far that's all that came for lunch. None of them came for supper last night. They were probably thinking there would be fireworks.

I have been playing Freecell on the computer Scott gave me a couple of years ago after he got his Apple computer. It needs a battery but I just leave it plugged in all the time. It's a hassle to put a new battery in one. I did it years ago but it's been awhile.

I'm going to get back to my book now. I am plugging away at it and am about half way through it.

More later....

Scruffie came for supper and also drank some water. After I watered the two hanging plants, I washed her water bowl and put fresh water in it. After she finished I took in the cat food bowl so the ants wouldn't get into it.

I read until 4:00PM and then came in here to watch the 4:00PM news. I will stay with it until the CBS news comes on. Sometime before 7:00PM, I will take my bath and try to stay up until 9:00PM. Maybe I can get back to the book.

No comments: