Saturday, September 19, 2020

Saturday and A Couple of Meetings

 I slept well last night but woke up at 2:00AM realizing I had forgotten to take my contacts out.  I got up and took care of that. My eyes were seemingly not hurt or burning but it is unusual for me to forget to take them out.

Then this morning I awoke at 5:00AM and was lightheaded again. I thought it might be my blood pressure but I took it and it was 130/62...just perfect.  I hate to go back to the urgent care. When I saw the doctor last week I took them a urine sample and they never even called me back about the results. I finished up my antibiotics early this past week. I doubt very much that it was an UTI since I had no symptoms except the dizziness that took me to the Urgent Care to begin with....no burning...which is supposed to be the primary symptom. I don't have much use for doctors. Especially if they are just guessing.

I have had my coffee and oatmeal and even a breakfast bar. I thought eating something might alleviate the light headedness. We will see.

More later. I am going to go watch the weather and check on the cats/kittens. I will get my Chai too.

I got my chai and checked out the cats/kittens. They were all out there,....,just waiting for me to get up and feed them. It is 6:20AM now. I have just texted Bob to see if he is doing alright today. He said he was up early for some reason. (I am always up early)

I think the light headedness is better and it might have been the food that helped..or even the coffee.  All I had last night was a banana and some popcorn.

I want to go downtown this morning at 10:00 AM for the reception Rudy and Kathy are having to celebrate the 50th anniversary of their purchase of the Montgomery County Chronicle. Then I need to get right back home for the 11:00AM practice of the worship service for tomorrow's evening service in Springfield Missouri at 7:00PM.

That's all I have going today. Next Thursday, Dean will be coming for a couple of days. It will be so good to have company.  I haven't seen Nancy since David, her son and his family, came two weeks ago. They are supposed to be leaving today so I may try to see Nancy this afternoon. I am anxious to see what their visit was like. I am hoping it went well. Surely he will not have tried to get her in a nursing home this time with the pandemic going on.

When Dean comes, he wants to go out to the kids' and see the puppies. Nancy wants to go too so we may pick her up to go with us. Then we will go up to Sam's in Independence and have dinner.

More later...

I watched the rest of the CBS news and then again began reading Bob Woodward's new book "Rage". I am up to Chapter 21 and I continue to be amazed at the extreme chaos of the administration. Woodward's 18 interviews with Trump and many other people who served in the administration, are invaluable in understanding why things have become so bad.

It's time now for me to begin thinking about getting uptown to the reception. I want to be among the first since I have to be back here before 11:00 for our practice service for tomorrow evening.

So I will get back to this later this afternoon.

I went to the reception but didn't try to stay for the cake. Too many people wanted to tell their experiences with the Chronicle and the Kopco Company too. By the time they started serving cake and punch I had to get back home to the practice of tomorrow evening's Zoom worship service.

I spent an hour with the Zoom worship service practice and then began working on information for the class newsletter. Before I knew it it was almost 1:00PM and I had not even checked the mail....let alone had lunch.

I had better go ahead and get my lunch going now.

So. more later...

I had my lunch and the only mail was political posters. Too bad.

After lunch I decided to clean the carpets in my car. I took the floor mats out and vacuumed the carpet first.  Then I put the mats down and vacuumed them too and then sprayed them with carpet cleaner. I scrubbed them well and put them to dry. I hope they come out well. I really should get some Scotch Guard and spray them with that.

I watched some TV after that and then decided to do some raking and clean up around the curb. I filled a large black yard bag three fourths full and then realized I couldn't lift it into the trash container. So I bound it up and turned the trash container on its side and drug the bag into it. Then I set the container up again. I will leave it out there at the curb until Tuesday when the trash people come. All that was exhausting!! But, I got some exercise and that was good. Now it's after 4:30PM and the news is not on...sports are on.

I called Nancy again and sure enough she had taken a nap. Having those five people here for two weeks was exhausting to her...especially since all of them constantly gave her orders. That would drive me crazy!

In a day or so, after she has had an opportunity to rest up, I will go over there and visit with her and she can tell me about their visit. Later though.

It is after 5:00PM now and I wonder if the news is on. I guess I will go check.

More later...

They had a football game on and I just turned it off . 

I am watching the channel 6 news right now. It is nearly 6:30PM. At 7:00PM or thereabouts, I will take my bath and put my pjs on. I will try to stay up until 9:00PM but I may not make it.

2 comments:

pat m said...

Did they take a urine test? What they usually do is start the antibiotics then you give them some urine and when the test comes, usually a day or two, they tell you to stop the antibiotics or continue.

Margie's Musings said...

They did a urine test but I never learned what the results were. I also had my blood work done and I heard nothing form them about that either. I am not all that happy with the doctor I have now. My previous doctor always called at the end of the day with the results of any tests.