Wednesday, October 14, 2020

A Very Busy Day

 This has been a very busy day. I woke up before 5:00AM and dressed and didn't eat any breakfast or have any coffee. I went over to Coffeyville to the bank and withdrew what I would need for the week. I went to breakfast with Bob and then took him home and went out to Woodshed at South Coffeyville and filled my tank with gas.  

Then I went out to Walmart and  got the three things I couldn't get at Independence's Walmart yesterday. Then I went to wash my car and then to the beauty shop to get my hair done. I also went by the post office there and bought stamps again. After that I went to Karan's and left the newspapers for the animal shelter then l went to Auto Zone and bought some rubbing compound to help clean up the scratches on my car. Someone doored me. I went up to Independence to get my makeup and then came on back home. A very busy day and it wasn't finished yet.

For lunch I went out to our Sonic and had my Wacky pack with chicken strips and tater tots and a small coke .That's $2.18. You can hardly beat that.

They were still working on my new floor and Suzanne did not want me to come home until they were finished. I went uptown and sat in my car and read my Kindle. I tried to raise Nancy but I had called twice but she never answered the phone. I went by the house and Dale's truck was there.

So I just waited until Suzanne texted me they were finished. Then I came on home. The floors are very pretty and I really like them! Suzanne had put nearly everything back the way it was but there were three of four things she did not know about so I did that. She had killed a jillion flies and I killed about a jillion more after she left. The plumbers finally came and put my commode back and cleaned up their mess. They were just a couple of boys. I hope they knew what they were doing.  They said they flushed it several times to be sure it was not going to leak.

I am very tired. I finally mopped the floor by the front door where the men had been in and out a dozen times.  I bet I sleep well tonight.  

When Dean and I go out to the kid's house to see the puppies, I will take my leaf vacuum to John. I can no longer use it. It has become too heavy for me. I can rake and stoop to clean them up. I need the exercise anyhow. 

More later....

I went out to Dollar General and bought another bag of cat food. I will be glad when Suzanne takes a couple of these cats for her barn. Lord only knows when another litter will be born.

Dean will be here sometime tomorrow. I don't have  a clue when. I will just stay around home until he gets here.

It's 4:40PM now and I guess I will go watch the news. I haven't seen any today. So more later...

Image may contain: outdoor and indoor 

This is my new flooring, I really like it!

The dining room too!

 

It is 6:15PM now and at closer to 7:00PM I will take my bath and I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

New floor always makes everything good and clean. I really like it.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! The floor down there before was original to the apartment and it looked like it too.

pat m said...

Improvements are nice but I found my rent always going up.

Kay said...

Gosh! I haven’t been to Walmart in months. We always see so many cars in the parking lot that we don’t want to venture there.

Margie's Musings said...

Ours are that busy and everyone is required to wear their face mask and leave 6 foot of space between everyone else.