Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday and Laundry

 I need to do some laundry this morning. I am out of underwear and the towels need to be washed too. I slept well again last night and was up at 5:00AM and had my breakfast and coffee. I will need to bake my cake for the First Christian Church in Independence on Tuesday.I reminded Phyllis and Karan about it yesterday but they both had it on their calendars. I will pick those up about 9:00AM and take theirs and mine up after that.

I don't think I need anything from the Independence Walmart tomorrow except green bananas and I can get them here at the Caney Market on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am trying to buy as much as possible here and support that market. 

I put the green bananas in a green plastic bag I have along with a  paper towel and press as much of the air out of it as possible and then seal the bag with a tie. The banana's peels may get dark but the bananas inside them will be perfect for eating. Just to insure that, I leave them in the flimsy plastic bag I put them in at the market too and put the entire thing in the green plastic  bag. They will be perfect for a week that way.

I want to go watch the weather and see if any cats have come for breakfast this morning. So I will get back to this later.  

The only cat that came for breakfast was Blondie. Inky is usually with him but not this morning. I think these cats may be catching birds and that is why they are not tempted with cat food. Either that, or someone else is feeding them too. I put the four bowls out anyhow...just in case.

The weather is coming on now..50% chance of rain this morning.  And once again, it looks like rain most of the week. I am ready for sunshine. I really need to mow again but when I can do that is anyone's guess.

More later... 

I got my cake baked and iced this morning and it's in the truck of my car now until tomorrow. I will leave Caney about 8:00AM in the morning and pick up Karan's cake first and then Phyllis' last before I leave for Independence. 

I fed Blondie but he didn't seem very hungry. None of the other cats ever came to eat. I fear they have been eating birds because I see lots of starlings and some cowbirds too.

I had a frozen dinner for lunch and soon afterward the new mattress cover I ordered from Amazon was delivered.

I read all morning and finished my latest book. 

More later...

I worked on my puzzle another couple of hours and then read the rest of the afternoon. It's 4:52PM now and I have just had my banana for supper. 

I will work on this blog until the CBS news comes on at 5:50PM. I haven't been anywhere today at all. 

I did receive my new mattress cover in the mail but have not put it on yet. I got my laundry finished and put away. It has been a relatively uneventful day....boring really!

I haven't been to the market yet. I may just wait now until tomorrow. 

As a matter of fact, I went on to the market as soon as the CBS news was over. I bought the four things I went after and put them away when I got home. I called Nancy then but, of course, she never answered. I didn't bother trying again. I knew she wouldn't answer.

Later I backed the car out of the garage and got out my blower and blew the dirt out of the garage and off the driveway. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I will wash my car. It has been at least a week since it's been clean. I also want to vacuum it out.  After it gets nicer I will shampoo the carpets again. I do that every spring.  This is the only car I expect to have and I want to keep it as nice as I can. It has 122,000 miles on it and it will be nine years old this fall.

After I got my groceries put away, I read for quite awhile and then watched the CBS news and then took my bath at 7:00PM.  I will read until my bedtime which I assume will be at or around 9:00PM.  I want to be up early tomorrow. I may strip the bed in the morning and put the new mattress cover on it and then just remake it again with the same clean sheets. I want to leave for Coffeyville at 8:00AM.  

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm glad at least one cat was present and accounted for. Maybe the others are managing to catch birds and rabbits. I like my neighbor's cat, it is a sweet cat, but it hunts birds and baby rabbits. It is so fat now when it walks up the street, it's belly swings back and forth with each step. Neighbors were vacationing and the house sitter apparently doesn't like the cats in the house very much, so the brown/black tabby swinging belly one hunted day and night. The only thing that strikes fear in that cat is when the mocking bird couple divebomb it and nip it right in the behind. Those mockingbirds must hit hard, because the cats rump actually lifted up when the mockingbird made contact.

Suemn said...

Thanks for letting us know at least Blondie came back to eat today:) I think you are right about the cats either finding food (birds), on their own or someone else is feeding them.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for commenting Susie and Suemn!