Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday and Church

I got a great night's sleep last night. I didn't get up until 6:30AM, which is rare for me. It must have been all that work hauling around that big bag of mulch yesterday. 

I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. If I have time, I will make my coffeecake to take to church.,although I brought home most of last week's and took it to Nancy. It's only 7:15AM now and I have plenty of time.

Karan is bringing the message today so it should be good.

More later. I want to catch the weather and also check on the cats. They didn't come for supper last night so they're probably very hungry. 

Strange...no cats out there at all. Although my neighbor to the north is moving heavy equipment and backing into his drive. He may have scared them off...at least temporarily.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon and most of the next week. It's spring so I guess we have to expect rain. I have it clears off by the 7th, when Dean is supposed to come. Also sometime this next week I will need to mow again. With all the rain we have had this week the yard has really grown and I don't know when I will get that done.

Still no cats...and the coffeecake is in the oven baking. This is the first time I have had no cats come for breakfast. I wonder what has happened. It's only 8:15AM so maybe some of them will show up still. 

It's 9:30AM and no cats showed up to eat. I don't know what's up except maybe someone took them to Coffeyville to the shelter or someone may have taken them to the country to get rid of them. I will just have to wait until later to see if they show up this evening.

I got the coffeecake out of the oven and  when it cooled I put a glaze on it.

More later in the day..... I want to watch "Face the Nation" until 10:00AM when I will leave for the church. I will record the program and watch the rest of it this afternoon.

We had over twice as many at church today as usual. It was a good sermon.....although it was recorded and was from  "Beyond the Walls" from Toronto Ontario Canada. I much prefer a "live" sermon.

My coffeecake went over well. I only had two pieces left to bring home.

We ate lunch at "Just Us"in Cherryvale. There were five of us Rick and Carmen, Karan and Phyllis and myself. I had a very nice lunch for just $10.00. It rained off and on over there and back. I drove. There was no point in taking three cars when mine would do. Rick took his truck with Carmen and himself.

I got home about 2:30PM. I am very full. We all had a very nice well balanced meal.

I will watch this week's "Beyond the Walls" service online.  

I read most of the afternoon and worked on the jigsaw puzzle the rest of the afternoon. I didn't go anywhere and it continued to drizzle most of the afternoon.

I had my banana about 6:00PM and later watched 60 Minutes and then read until 7:30PM when I took my bath. I went to bed at 9:00PM. I was pretty tired.

 

2 comments:

Suemn said...

I must say again, your coffee cake sounds delicious:) I hope the cats return today.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, Suemn. I miss watching them.