Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunday and Father's Day at Church

I slept pretty well last night again.I went to bed  a little early or I might have slept even better. I had had a big day though and was ready for bed. I went over my sermon a couple of times during the day. I hope it works out alright. It's based on the David and Goliath story in the Bible. It's Father's Day and I had two fathers...my birth dad and my step dad. They both had Goliath experiences so I will base my remarks on that...and some of my own. God's spirit certainly was involved in all of those.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now. Soon I will turn on the weather and check on the cats. so, more later.

It's 8:12AM and I have been reading awhile. Now I am watching  Jane Pauly on CBS Sunday morning. I have watered my flowers and fed the two yellow cats. I brought in the food when they were finished.

I will leave here for church about 9:30AM and get there in time to sweep up the dead bugs at the door. Then I will put up my  worship setting. All this before 11:00AM when the service begins. I have no idea who all will be there. Last week was a small congregation. It's really not important how many are there.

There were ants in the kitchen and I cleaned those up and then swept the bugs off the front door area. I may go over to church this week and clean. Cyndi usually cleans but she is recovering from a surgery. I have the time so I may just do it myself.

We had another small congregation this week. Several were out of town and two were sick. 

After church Phyllis and I went over to Just Us at Cherryvale and had their buffet. The cost is $12.00 now but that includes dessert and their tax too. I took her back to church after our meal. That's where her car was parked. Then I came back home. I am really full. Kay's food is excellent! The place was packed and I am glad I called to make a reservation.

More later...I am going to read awhile. 

I read until 4:30PM and then put away my kindle. It needs charging again. So I put it on the charger.

Then I put new food in the hummingbird feeder. Just as soon as I walked away a hummingbird came to feed. I am hoping I screwed the base on hard enough so it doesn't leak this time.

There's a good breeze this afternoon and it's supposed to rain tomorrow, It might cool it off some. That would be good. I also have my phone on the charger. It seems not to hold a charge very well.

I will watch 60 Minutes at 6:00PM and then go back to my book. 

More later...

 

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Hello I am Patsys and Betty's Sister in AR. I lived in Caney for 3 years. I still have a good friend, 40 years now that lives in niotaze her name is Rhea King.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't know your friend, Sister-Helen. But I also lived here between 1969 and 1985. Then I moved to Coffeyville.