Saturday, June 19, 2021

Saturday and Nothing Much Going On

I slept fairly well last night. I had drunk quite a lot of water before bedtime and woke up a couple of times to go to the bathroom because of that.   I was up at 5:00AM as usual.

I have had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now.

I checked the  weather and fed the two blond cats and watered my flowers in preparation for another very hot day. I don't want to lose those flowers. 

May be an image of outdoors

May be an image of flower and outdoors 

My front door hanging basket.

 
May be an image of African daisy and outdoors 

My backyard flowerbed.

 May be an image of flower and outdoors 

My backyard hanging basket.

It's 7:55AM right now. I have recorded the Saturday morning news. I may try to watch it now. There's usually nothing but bad news anymore...one mass shooting after another. Also different variants of the virus that may be resistant to the vaccine.

More later...

I watched most of the news and then read until I finished another book. Now I will need to download three more.

I downloaded three more books to read. 

Then I went out to Eggbert's to have my honey chicken salad. It will be awhile before I do that again. There were small children there who shouted at the top of their lungs. An elderly man sitting right across from them shouted "Quiet!" The waitress advised him he could not do that...so he got a "to go" box, paid his bill and left.  I doubt he will come back. The child that shouted was about three years old. They should teach him to use an "inside" voice when in a public place. I would never have allowed my children to do that. It will be awhile before I go back. I hurried through my lunch, paid my bill and came home. 

I watered again this afternoon. It's up in the high 90's.

It's 3:08PM now. Later on I will go over to Nancy's and see if she's up to a visitor. She did want me to come over. So I stayed until 5:00PM and then I came home and watched some of the CBS news I had recorded. I took my bath at 6:30PM, a little earlier then usual. I will read until I get tired and then go on to bed. I have the message tomorrow at church so I need to be rested.

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

That is so rude for families to let their children carry on at the top of their voices in a sit down restaurant. There are quiet games that parents can occupy kids with in a restaurant. We used to do I see something that is (for example) green here in the restaurant, what is it, taking turns asking and answering. It was fun and when the appetizer or food came that was all our kids were then interested in. It is always weird to me when families bring their kids to a restaurant and make all of the other customers suffer their childrens' bad behaviour.

Margie's Musings said...

I couldn't agree more, Susie!

ChuckFu said...

Ahhh when we were young it would have been more than Shhhh from you guys if you had to say it more then twice

Love you