Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tuesday Home for Overnight

I have been at church camp since Saturday afternoon and it has been grueling hot until today. It rained a little bit this morning and that cooled it down quite a bit. After the morning worship service and morning class and before lunch,  I packed my small bag and started home. It is 2:10PM now and I just got home.  I will do my little bit of laundry today and also get my hair colored and cut tomorrow morning at 8:00AM. When I am finished with that, I will go back to the camp until Friday when it breaks up.

I have found it difficult to get around with so much walking. I need to get out and walk more here at home so I won't get so tired. One thing I didn't take in account was how much water I needed to drink in that heat. I got very weak and needed to drink a lot more water then I am used to. That meant I got up in the night a lot more and didn't get a lot of good rest. Yesterday my ankles swelled up too. They went down during the night.

But the fellowship, as usual, is wonderful!

More later... 

I have watered the flowers again and hope they make it until Friday when I will drive back home again.  Stephen, my landlord, watered the flowers while I was gone! That was really nice of him!

When I went out to water the flowers in the back, the screen door hit my hand and the paper thin skin on the back of my hand tore open. So I put some bandaids on the mess.  It's always something.

Stephen also came over while I was gone and installed my new garbage disposer. He also began to install the new ceiling fan in the bedroom but the wiring has a problem..it's different.. and he will have to figure out how to get it installed. He's clever!  He will figure it out.

It's 7:35PM and I have just had my bath. I hope I can sleep tonight.  Hey! I just looked and I did remember to bring the Melatonin home from camp after all. I didn't have to use it at camp because I was so tired every night I didn't need it. I will try not to go to bed too early. My appointment tomorrow is at 8:00AM and afterward, I will go back to the campgrounds until Friday when it breaks up. I will go to the bank first in the morning and then go to my appointment and after that get gas at Woodshed in South Coffeyville and then drive back over to the camp...it's ten miles south of Joplin.. just off highway 86 on BB road.

They hired a new camp manager and the camp has never looked better.  They had an arborist come this morning and this winter they are going to have him trim up the trees and perhaps take the one out that died.

Perhaps more later. ...

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The heat is really oppressive. Be careful.

Margie's Musings said...

I am trying. But it is oppressive. I have had heat stroke before so I could be liable to get it again.

Suemn said...

The cats will be happy you are home for Wednesday morning breakfast:)

Kay said...

Ouch! My mother had the same thing happen to her hand when she took a fall a week ago. I wrote a blog post about it but it won't go up until August.