Saturday, July 9, 2022

Saturday and Church Camp

I slept fairly well last night but was awake a good deal of the night. I finished packing this morning.

The cats were out there for their breakfast and I took it out to them. They ate quickly and left and I brought it back in as far as the kitchen. If they come back I will take it back out

I watered the flowers in the front and will need to water those in the back next.

I am waiting for the weather forecast now. It's 6:45AM now.

I caught he weather forecast finally. Today will be 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday will be 86 degrees and sunny, Monday is forecast for 100 degrees and sunny, Tuesday's forecast is 94 degrees and partly cloudy,  Wednesday 96 degrees and sunny, Thursday 99 degrees and sunny, and Friday 103 degrees and sunny. It's to be another very hot week. That's July for you though.

More Later....It's 6:55AM now. 

It's 7:13AM now and I just finished watering the flowerbed in the back yard. Not that it will do a lot of good since after Wednesday I will be at camp the rest of the week. I will leave this afternoon after Josh mows and come back Tuesday afternoon to be here Wednesday morning at 8:00AM for my color and cut at Toni's at the beauty shop in Coffeyville. As soon as she is finished, I will get gas at Woodshed and go back over to the campgrounds for the rest of the week.

I had an e-mail from Dean, my classmate, this morning. He and his son, Rod, are planning a trip to Lawrence to visit relatives there. Rod and he live in Topeka so that's not a long trip. I hear from Dean two or three times a year. He is a very nice guy.

More Even Later.... 

I texted my mower,Josh earlier and told him the earlier he could mow the cooler it would be. I was hoping he would come do it at 9:00AM  but that didn't happen. Th earlier he can get it done the earlier I can leave for camp. I was hoping to get away by 2:00PM. I have put my bags in the car already. It's 9:15AM now and no sign of him though.  I started trimming to get my part of the job done but I played out quickly. It is warming up out there. It's 9:17AM and already it's up in the eighties. I am afraid the trimmer may need recharging before I get it done. I need to get back out there and get that finished.

The trimmer is still on the charger. Josh never came this morning. I just put away the mower and grass bag. I need someone to mow for me that I can depend on. I texted him twice with no answer and then I tried calling him. It rang a dozen times and then went to voice mail. I left him a message. That's when I put away the mower and grass bag. Teenagers!!!

It's after 11:24AM now. I am to leave at 2:00PM for the campgrounds.  

I thought Leslie called me but all I could hear was scrambled sounds. And it sounded like John was on the line too but I couldn't understand him either. I don't have a clue what that was all about. I finally just hung up. 

I got a hold of Leslie and asked if she called me. She said her phone was in her pocket and it must have called me. She said she would turn it off.

I called Karan to ask if she wanted to ride with me and she said she thought of that too but decided with her atrial fibulation she never knows what might happen and she might have to go to the hospital and would be dependent on me or I would be dependent on her for transportation. So we decided we may as well take our own cars.

We did decide however to leave here about 1:00 or 1:30PM and meet at the Olive Garden in Joplin.for lunch. Karan will text or call me when she is ready to leave and I will leave then too.

I haven't been to the Olive Garden since Bob Avery died.

 

No comments: