Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday and Lunch with Gay and Adele

 I slept pretty well last night and only woke up once and then went back to sleep. I was up at 5:30AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I had intended to clean the apartment this morning before I meet Gay and Adele but I may put that off another day and do it on Saturday. I will wait and see how well I feel this morning. I intended to balance my checkbook this morning but it didn't balance...at least not yet.

I am eating my breakfast now...back here in the den ..since I now have internet and can work on my blog.

I got in the living room with the laptop just in time to catch the weather forecast. Today will be 73 degrees and heavy thunderstorms and wind.Tomorrow is to be 63 degrees and sunny. Sunday is to be 71 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 73 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is forecast for 78 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 78 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is forecast to be 71 degrees and PM showers. So it looks like we might have rain a couple of days this week...maybe three. We can sure use it.

Now I will watch the CBS news.

Only Blondie came for breakfast. He ate and left but I haven't seen Scruff...at least not yet.

It is light now so I will put away the laptop and take my walk.

I got back from my 10 block walk at 8:17AM. I saw three other women walking too. They were walking in the opposite direction though. They were friendly and spoke to me.

Today is the funeral of Nancy's friend, Judy Phillips. Dale said he would come get her and take her to it. I assume it will be held here in Caney.

More later...

I got over to Coffeyville early enough to get to visit with Gay and Adele before lunch...at Brown Shoe Company. They each bought several pair. Gay needed new boots and she found some really nice ones. After they paid for them,we went to lunch at Eggbert's. I had their nice salad. The other two had sandwiches. Gay insisted on paying for my lunch too.That was nice of her.

It poured down raining on my way back and the mailman had left my mail, including two packages for Christmas gifts near my front door. That would have been fine if the rain hadn't been blowing but the mail was soaked. I was not a happy soldier but on the other hand, I wasn't here to receive them. The bills were soaked too. I dried them with a hair dryer the best I could and took them up to the post office to the drop box outside. I hope they stay dry in there.

Blondie came out in that rain for his supper. I fed him in the garage...just inside the door.  When he finished and left, I put away his food and covered it.. I wasn't going to make him stand by the front door and eat in that rain. 

My lights just blinked. I hope I don't lose power. This is quite a rain.

More later...

I read until bath time at 7:00PM and then I took my bath and put my pajamas on and got ready for bed at 9:00PM.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Wow, seems this new router has helped your internet situation. Glad you are walking daily. Isn’t 4 blocks a mile. I walked a mile and 1/3 this morning at day’s light.

Margie's Musings said...

No, twelve blocks is a mile

Kay said...

Have a happy weekend, Margie. We had our router changed a couple of months ago too. It sure made a difference!