Saturday, July 29, 2023

Saturday and Hot Weather

I slept pretty well last and and was only up once to go to the bathroom and take my two meds. I was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I don't have much going today. It's going to be very hot again. I will take my walk before it gets very hot. It's supposed to be 101 degrees and sunny today.

I looked for Blondie but didn't see him yet. I don't know how he's doing in the heat...poor cat. 

We are forecast for 98 degrees  partly cloudy tomorrow, Monday it is to be 101 degrees again and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 103 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 105 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 104 degrees and mostly sunny and Friday is to be 96 degrees and  mostly sunny....another scorching week!  

I will check on Blondie again. Maybe he is out there now. It's 6:00AM

Blondie was there the next time I checked and I took his moist food out to him and he ate most of it and left.  Then I took my walk. I saw him in the 700 block on my walk.  He was just lying on the grass the next door south of the library on State street. He seemed very content.

 I finished my walk and had picked up a full sack of trash. I put it in my trash receptacle and came in the house to watch the CBS Saturday morning news. I am drink my Chai Latte now. I ate a breakfast bar but didn't have oatmeal this morning. For some reason, I wasn't that hungry.

More Later... 

I went out to Leslie's and went with her to the sidewalk sale in Independence. She bought us some very good ice cream. After that I bought gasoline. I was nearly out. When I got back to Caney, I called Sally to see if she wanted to go to Copan to eat. She did. After a little while I went to pick her up and drove down there and we ate.  She had a coupon for a free cheeseburger and I had a cup of their vegetable beef soup. She also bought a half order of onion rings and she had me share them with her. They were very good.  Then I took her home. We had a good visit.

More Later... 

And then I came home too. I read all afternoon and then at 7:00PM, I took my bath. It's 7:16PM now. At 9:00PM or so I will go on to bed. In the meantime, I will read some more. I finished one book and will probably have the second one read by tomorrow evening. I have little interest in TV. outside of the news. Occasionally I watch something on Prime TV.

No comments: