Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Tuesday and Cookies

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

I even caught "the weather on the 8's" early here at 5:53AM Today is to be 100 degrees and partly cloudy. Wednesday is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 95 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 81 degrees and showers!  Maybe we will finally get some rain here in Caney.

It's 72 degrees here now. 

I checked for Blondie but he was not out there yet. It's only 5:58AM now.

I will stop by our church and pick up Karan's cookies and then go on to Independence and pick up mine and Mikes and Billie Jo's at the market across the street from the First Christian church.

More Later. 

I left for my walk at 7:00AM and got back at 7:45AM. There wasn't a lot of trash but I put what I did get in my trash receptacle. It's 77 degrees now I am sure glad I got the back yard mowed yesterday morning. When I left for my walk it was sprinkling so I took my umbrella thinking it might really start raining.But it didn't. It just sprinkled for half the walk. I folded the umbrella and just carried it the rest of the way.

I did hear from Karan that she put her cookies in the frig at church. 

That's good. I will leave for the church at 8:30AM and that will give me time to go to the market across the street from the church there in Independence and get the rest of the cookies. It's only 7:57AM now. So I have a little over thirty minutes before I leave.

I got the cookies delivered and got back home at 10:13AM. Now I want to go to the library and get a couple of books.

 More Later.. 

I don't know whether Mike is coming or not so I went ahead and mowed the front yard. It looked pitiful and it was a handful to mow it was so long and so thick. It's 88 degrees now. I am glad I got that  done earlier then that. If he does decide to mow, he can do the west side. It's a bear. I can do the front and the back but I always have to dread doing the west side. It's a lot bigger.

More Later....

Sally and are are going to Copan for lunch. I need to mop my face before I go pick her up. Mowing made me sweat.

More Even Later... 

We had a good lunch as usual and we shared a piece of German chocolate pie for dessert. Scrumptious!!.

More Even Later...

When I got home I went to the library and checked out two books and have been reading one of them.

I talked to Denise on the phone. She had been to the doctor/hospital..and had a port put in for her chemotherapy. I told her I had her put on our prayer list at church. I hoped she wouldn't mind and instead she thanked me. I told her I would send her a bulletin after it came out Sunday.

Our Priesthood retreat is September 15th and 16th. I will ride over with Karan like I did for the 75th reunion. I was happy to get to go with her since my car is so old, I hesitate to take it.

I have been reading in one of the library books I checked out this afternoon.

It appears the temperature is 92 degrees now and mostly sunny. It's 6:54PM at 7:30PM I will take my bath and put my pajamas on. We are forecast for rain later this evening and perhaps some hail too. I don't want to go to bed until the rain starts.

More Later...

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I will pray for Denise. May the Lord strengthen her so she can fight this battle.