Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Big Sunday

Today will be a big day so I will write before the day begins. First, this morning, I will make a dessert to take to the reunion grounds for supper. Our church maintains campgrounds over south of Racine, Missouri. We use them for the camping season. We had to cancel the camping season this year because in May the grounds were hit by a tornado.

Last Sunday they began holding supper and services there. We weren't able to attend then because we had our "Living the Questions" small group meeting. But I was told that two hundred people showed up.

So we will take another couple and go this evening. We will leave about 2:30 this afternoon...after church. It's an hour and a half drive from here to there. The fellowship starts at 4:00 and supper is at 5:00. The services will start at 6:30 and be over by 7:30 so we can get home before it gets too dark and the deer are out on the highways.

We will have church school and church services here this morning and then have a light lunch before we leave for Missouri this afternoon.

I will be interested to see how much progress has been made rebuilding the grounds. I will try to remember to take my digital camera and take some pictures. I posted some in May of the damage to the grounds.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, Sounds like you all have a full day planned and a great evening. I love garage sales. I have an older sister that fills her weekends going to yard sales. She gets all kinds of good stuff.

Margie's Musings said...

We also do garage sales but seldom find anything worthwhile any more Judy.