Thursday, July 24, 2008

Surprise Birthday Party


This should be a neat day. After lunch we will go to Independence to a surprise birthday party for the Methodist minister there. She will be 60 and her husband has arranged this for her celebration.

This morning, as usual, I got up and fed and watered the dog and cat, watered the tomato plants and hanging baskets, and fixed a pot of coffee so I could sit out on the patio and watch the birds.
Bob and I sat out on the patio for an hour and visited and then I came in and fixed his breakfast.

Every morning I fix a piece of cinnamon toast for Scott's dog, Slinky. He loves cinnamon toast and sits down for each bite without being told to do so. It's really cute how well he minds.

After that, I made a fresh pot of ice tea. We usually use a pot a day. Then I blew out the garage and blew off the patio before coming in. It's already been a busy day and it's barely started. I have been updating the computers and their programs. Computers make work, as anyone who has one knows.

No comments: