Friday, November 21, 2008

A Night At The Hospital

I was with my brother-in-law waiting for my sister to come out of surgery all afternoon Thursday. Then I stayed last night all night with her. Phyllis is in ICU now here in Coffeyville. As you know, she broke her hip Wednesday morning and had surgery yesterday afternoon. Actually, her hip broke and she then fell. The orthopedic doc said the ball joint was mushy and there were a lot of splinters.

Then last night while I was with her in her room, she had an incident. Her heart beat went up to 225 and nine nurses worked on her for a half hour before they took her to ICU where they could treat her with a med that brought it down. It was down to 90 by this morning and she is a lot better. Now they are working to get her blood pressure up to somewhere near normal.

She will be in ICU for another day and the in a regular room for two days before being transferred to Skilled Nursing for therapy.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I do hope your sister gets better quickly. That whole thing sounds scary! Good that you can be with her. I'll hold good thoughts for you both.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia. My niece stayed with her today and I believe my brother-in-law will be with her again tonight.

Betty said...

You've had an exciting (scary)couple of days, haven't you? I'm glad your sister is better, now.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I have. I came home yesterday after being up all night and stayed up all day but then last night at 9:00 I crashed and had the best night's sleep in ages.