Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Events

We went to church this morning and following the church school class, we had our election of officers. I was elected to be pastor again. We had a good sermon and after church we went to Hong Kong delight for lunch. That might not have been the best choice for Bob's diabetes. He tested at 255 and hour or so after lunch.

Then we went to an Open House at one of the retailers. I bought my first Christmas gift.

I spent the afternoon sending out letters to those who did not attend to tell them the results of the election and bring them up to date on the congregational Thanksgiving dinner next Sunday after church.

Tonight at 7:00 we will attend our "Living the Questions" group at Keith and Joyce's.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Well Margie, sounds like you are going to be one busy lady again for another year. I am sure you do a wonderful job or you would not keep on getting elected every year.

Margie's Musings said...

Possibly. I just try to do what works. When that stops working I try something different. The important thing is to stay in touch with everyone and keep them in touch. That way they know they are missed.

Beth said...

I am sure your church members appreciate having such an active and involved pastor, Margie. And based on the sermon you posted here, I'm certain they must enjoy your sermons, as well.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Beth. I try my best.