Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cold and Brisk

It is cold and windy today. Scott is here. I got up at 5:30 when Slinky barked to get out to do his duty. Then when Scott got up and fixed bacon and eggs for him and when Bob got up I fixed the same for him. Bob is not feeling well today. He had another spell of his Meinier's Disease this morning and then learned his glucose was up to 180. So he has had to watch it today. We had pork roast for supper last night with green beans and cottage cheese but the pork was only 3 carbs per serving. Then he had some unsweetened strawberries and later on had a fudge bar with no sugar in it. I didn't think that was bad so we fixed some popcorn and he had a little of that. I didn't think he had anything to affect his sugar though. He was very discouraged and has not felt well all day.

Last night Scott's Jeep was missing and coughing and stalling so we took it in to my mechanic and he worked it in and he found one broken spark plug and one cracked spark plug so he changed them out with platinum plugs and tuned it up and ordered a new air filter which was filthy. We will take it back in the morning and he will put the new filter in it.

I will go to Independence today to get my hair colored and cut. My appointment was to be tomorrow but snow and freezing rain is forecast so I got it changed to today. Thursday morning I will bake my pies. We will have ham and dressing, mashed potatoes (Bob will have a sweet potato) broccoli and cauliflower for veggies, fruit salad, hot rolls, with oleo, and pecan pie and also pumpkin pie made with Splenda and no sugar whipped cream on the pie.

I will put the other leaf in my table and put the tablecloth on it and set it Thursday morning after I put the pecan pie in the oven. I will also flip out the flip top server so we can serve buffet style.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
I hope Bob feels better so he can enjoy the family gathering. Your menu sounds a lot like mine. Have a wonderful holiday.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Balisha. He is better today although worn out feeling.

Merry Christmas to you!