Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Nice Day

This has been a nice day. The weather got warmer..near 40 degrees and I was able to let Slinky out and clean the kitchen and dining room for tomorrow. Bob even took him for a walk. He loved that!

We went out to Leslie's this morning so Scott could see how their new house is coming along. The sheet rock is all in now and most of it is taped and mudded. The entire crew is sick today and so they went home. After the tour, we went into town to the Railroad Inn and had lunch.

Bob's glucose has been all over the map lately. Monday, it was 139. Then yesterday it was 180. That was the day his dizziness struck again. He has Menier's Disease and no one knows what causes it. He felt bad all day. Today it was down to 145. I hope it stays down for Christmas. I have a lot to do.

I'll make my pecan pie early tomorrow morning. Then I'll fix breakfast for Bob and Scott before I get the pie out and put the ham in. I will fix a sweet potato for Bob and mashed potatoes for the rest of us. We'll have Bob's Waldorf Salad and broccoli and cauliflower for a veggie. We'll have dressing and hot rolls with butter and jelly. We will also have green olives and black olives. I will put some cheese out too.

Leslie is bringing a pumpkin pie so we should have plenty. I will serve it with no sugar cool whip for Bob's sake.

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Have a lovely holiday with your family, Margie. All the preparations sound yummy!

Beth said...

Sounds like a very tasty Christmas meal, Margie! I do hope that Bob feels better soon. Have a joyful and peaceful Christmas!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals. I'm sure the fellowship will be good..regardless of how the food comes out.

Marry Christmas!!