Saturday, December 27, 2008

After Christmas Lunch

One of our son-in-law and daughter's couple friends, Cyndi and Jeff, the couple I married in October, invited us over for after Christmas lunch. We never saw so much food in our lives! You name it and they had it. They treat us like royalty...which is nice, but unexpected.

I cleaned house this morning and put away our Christmas decorations and took down the tree. By the end of December, I am very tired of it all and ready to put it away. Bob vacuumed for me. Then I made the green bean casserole for the lunch.

Bob is very tired this evening. I imagine his sugar is up because he probably wasn't as careful as he should have been. He is taking a nap now and it is nearly 5:00. We could have stayed and played games, etc., but Bob was really exhausted.

It started out such a nice day but has become quite cold this afternoon and evening. I don't think we're forecast any snow though unless the forecast has changed. According to the forecast, it's supposed to be sunshiny and 53 degrees tomorrow.

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Sounds like a fun visit, sorry Bob didn't feel too good -- always a downer. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Margie's Musings said...

It was a fun visit all right. Bob just wore out. He is 78 years old and is feeling his age. :)

Sansego said...

Wow...I keep my tree up through the new year. Why take down the decorations so soon after Christmas?

Margie's Musings said...

After Christmas, Christmas is over, Nicholas.

Sansego said...

I keep mine up until January 6th, the day of the Three Wisemen. It's just nice to have the Christmas decorations up through the new year.

Mari Meehan said...

We keep ours up through the New Year but then we don't put it up as early as a lot of folks either. I like to enjoy the fruits of my labor. The house looks so forelorn for some time afterward!

Mari Meehan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.